Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mk2 - Raceland Reviews?
Hello, looking for some reviews on raceland coilovers for mk2 focus. My focus is my daily driver/winter beater. I'm looking for a budget friendly upgrade for my current bouncy house setup (Stock stuts/shocks w/ eibach lowering springs). I don't care about ride quality as long as its stiffer, no more bouncy bouncy.

I'm not going for the hella stanced look with ridiculous camber, just need something that will look good and be stiffer than my current setup.

I've sorted through some of the raceland info on the internet... tons of BS lol.

My understanding is the new kit is better?
I know I'll have to run omni kit, how is the install with the new kit on mk2?

How stiff is the setup?

Would you recommend something else for me?

Give me a quick review, thanks.
[Image: 09nFR6Gl.jpg?2]

1994 Mustang 4.2 v6 swap w/m112
2009 Focus SE Coupe
I bought the new kit that the US is now making. They arent as bad as everyone makes them out to be. They are stiffer than stock for sure, but at the end of the day theyre still super low end coils.

I've had no complaints so far but im dumped (removed helper springs and rear adjusters just to make it low). I also have a lot of supporting mods to go with the coils such as massives adjustable camber, toe, front sway bar links, steedas HUGE rear sway bar etc... so mine feels way different now then when i originally just bolted them on.

for a daily though, i'd recommend them for sure. if you want a cheap full setup that rides decent.
05 focus se SLAMMED! 5 speed tranny swap with exedy stage 3 hypersingle clutch, raceland coils, MBRP exhaust, FSWERKS stage 2 turbo kit. Massive adjusting camber, toe arms. Steeda's HUGE rear sway bar with upgraded links. Roll bar in the back no backseats. no radio and tons of gauges!

...because RACECAR! haha
Thanks for the reply!

How long did/have you had them on your car? Do they seem to be fairly long lasting?

I will definitely be getting massive front sway bar end links after my moogs fail, which I suspect won't be too too long.
I want to keep camber fairly close to spec, might get cc plates but won't need anything extreme.

Ideally my goal is to just get a set of aftermarket wheels, or maybe svt with spacers, and get everything close to flush. Just a nice DD setup.

2009 Focus SE Coupe
I have the raceland coilovers as well, but mine are the UK spec ones. mine were a pain in the ass to install. had to grind down the knuckle because the coilover shaft was to fat to fit the knuckle. after all that non sense though. im pretty happy with them. on the front I can still go about 2" lower if I wanted. my only complaint is the rear. its maxed out as low as it can go. thats with adjusters and spring isolators removed. I believe the US ones are a bit different and don't require the grinding of the knuckle and they sit lower in the rear
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Great, thanks.

The new US ones are just a redesign correct?

Anybody have experience with corrosion?

2009 Focus SE Coupe
(08-26-2014, 03:57 AM)Orange 94 Wrote: Great, thanks.

The new US ones are just a redesign correct?

Anybody have experience with corrosion?

as far as I know yes they are a redesign. as far as corrosion i'm not sure. I don't daily my car so it doesn't see a lot of elements
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
The new ones are completely different. The old raceland was made by raceland UK sold product to raceland us. They never sold focus kits here and started their own which aren't even based off the old ones at all.
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily