Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aftermarket head unit in 2008
My son purchased a JVC KD-R950BT head unit for his'08 Focus S coupe, along with the appropriate wire harness. When he's attached everything he gets no power at all. Someone told him the '08 is different in that the wiring doesn't work as usual, you have to run a wire straight from the battery and fuse box in order to get power, but now it doesn't shut off with the ignition. Someone out there that's installed an aftermarket system have the same problem? Is there a way to shut it off with the ignition? I know the basics but this seems a little beyond my expertise. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
NOPE whoever told him is wrong.
Connect wire hearness as it was before but run accessory wire from headunit to accessory power, not to constant battery wire.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Hey some one must of sold him the cheaper harness because my old sunfire I was sold the cheap wire harness any ways attach the wires colour to Colour like normal but the red wire that comes out of the new harness plug it into the fuse box wrap around one prong and plug it into one that turns off fully when the car does like fog lights ext

And or wrap the red and yellow together from deck and plug into fuse [/b]

(09-08-2014, 10:19 AM)Krusty Driver Wrote: [b]My son purchased a JVC KD-R950BT head unit for his'08 Focus S coupe, along with the appropriate wire harness. When he's attached everything he gets no power at all. Someone told him the '08 is different in that the wiring doesn't work as usual, you have to run a wire straight from the battery and fuse box in order to get power, but now it doesn't shut off with the ignition. Someone out there that's installed an aftermarket system have the same problem? Is there a way to shut it off with the ignition? I know the basics but this seems a little beyond my expertise. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  head unit Jmountney1 6 4,422 05-13-2011, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Jmountney1
  Stock Mp3 Head Unit excalibur 3 2,558 05-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Last Post: OAC_Sparky
  Using Wireharness Adapter With Aftermarket Head darkpuppet 5 3,180 03-17-2004, 12:01 AM
Last Post: darkpuppet