Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FSWerks exhaust
anyone here running Fswerks exhaust ? what are the pros and cons to them and performance wise how are they ? And the main question are they road legal here in toronto ??
(09-28-2014, 10:40 AM)rnzo86 Wrote: anyone here running Fswerks exhaust ? what are the pros and cons to them and performance wise how are they ? And the main question are they road legal here in toronto ??

I have never had a FocusSport or FSWerks exhaust, but I think one or two on here have them.

One I know of (MkIII) started with the race version but quickly added another resonator because the race was simply too loud - to the point I understand that you will be noticed by the police. I saw the car and even with the additional resonator, it was still quite loud. Unless for dedicated track service the Stealth is your only reasonable option.

As for performance, added to a stock vehicle you won't really add much in the way of hp or torque and so the difference between one exhaust and another will be frankly tiny.

In the way of exhausts for the MkI and MkII there is limited choice now, so FSWerks makes a lot of sense and they are reasonably priced (except for shipping to Canada) and its pretty much the same for MkIII non-ST.

For the MkIII ST, MBRP offers by-all-accounts an excellent 3" exhaust with 2 resonators (comparable to FSWerks stealth) for 725 CAD vs 865 for the FSWerks - and the difference will be even greater once you factor in shipping and importation of the FSWerks. Granted the FSWerks is T304 vs the less expensive T409 of the MBRP.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Running the FSWerks on my '07 ZX3. Full cat back with a single resonator. Nice low tone and sounds awesome at wot. I noticed a slight increase in performance in addition to my CAI, 65mm throttle body. Don't know about legallity but in B.C. with aircare my car passed no problem. Great product.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FSWERKS Exhaust 204ZX3 9 6,650 04-18-2016, 11:04 AM
Last Post: Drivesthebeast