Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep ZETEC or go DURATEC?
What would you do?
Had ZETEC with FSWERKS turbo.
And I am thinking try DURATEC this time.
I am referring to DURATEC, not DURA underlined "TEC" RS used.

Your thoughts, please share.

For my I do not know when I am going to finish fukus.

[Image: 20150105_1657161_zps52fa577d.jpg]

[Image: 20150105_1657381_zps69d3cc01.jpg]

[Image: 20140923_2353281_zpsb6b48898.jpg]
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Go 3.0 Duratec (V6 that is!)
cobra v8 swap.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
The duratecs a much better motor Leo. Vs the zetec hands down go duratec. I did the swap from my mk1 to my 1.5 and just feels much more solid too.
05 focus se SLAMMED! 5 speed tranny swap with exedy stage 3 hypersingle clutch, raceland coils, MBRP exhaust, FSWERKS stage 2 turbo kit. Massive adjusting camber, toe arms. Steeda's HUGE rear sway bar with upgraded links. Roll bar in the back no backseats. no radio and tons of gauges!

...because RACECAR! haha
Duratec swap. Im doing a zetec to duratec swap myself. Find a donor car or find one at the wreckers and get all the wiring from it and computer. Find a low km 2.3 and have at it. I would paint the car if i were you first though lool
im more partial to the zetec myself. but im old school lol
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Can't decide, can't decide....

After looking at the other's build, I am kinda leaning toward Duratec.
If I cannot find 2.3L Duratec, I will have to stick with Zetec.

(01-06-2015, 10:31 PM)zx3kash Wrote: I would paint the car if i were you first though lool

LOL I knew I would hear about this.
I am not too sure if I am going to paint it or wrap it.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
at least paint it one colour. under the wrap
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
More and more I look for turbo-ed DURATEC, I am liking it.

I know back in 2003, I rode my buddies ZX3 with 2.3L PZEV in California and I know its engine was only available some states(emission restricted) in US.
Which model is available with 2.3L here in Canada? ST?
Only the st yeah. Not sure what other cars came with the 2.3, ranger and escape i think. Check wreckers in the states also. My buddy Andrew, Drew from Focaljet, not sure if he has his 2.3 for sale still or not.
The rwd 2.3 block is a bit different for the bell housing I think. Fusion/focus/escape/mazda3/mazda6 all share the same block basically. The usual only difference is the cams, timing sensors and the knock sensor, and I think a balance shaft inside the bottom end, I don't know if the focus got one. I put a fusion 2,3 into a Mazda 3 swapping cams and sensors, beware to buy the correct spark plugs for the car the motor came from, they are different lengths. I know this the hard way after a miss fire code and conditional etest passes that cost a lot.
Just dreaming at the moment. Has anyone ever swapped a 2006 Duratec engine (VIN code "N") and five speed transmission into a 2000 Focus equipped with Zetec (VIN code "3") and five speed?? What does a person need to watch for this swap? Has anyone done this swap?
If your going Duratec go to the 2.5 short block and 2.3 head , far more power for the $ and at about the same cost

Tom
Keep the 2.5 head and run a vct delete and get a custom intake made, port match the cosworth, wait for a company to make one, or talk to Karl.
The 2.5 head is to big unless your going to be all out racing , karl knows nothing about the head and what it will or wont do

I have a in house superflow flow bench and a in house dynojet dyno ,

The cosworth ported would be a restriction to the 2.5 heads potential it would need to be a full custom intake manifold then to get its full potential you would need an 2.5 engine with no less then 12-1 and turn it to about 9500 with a dry sump pump

For the street/track use the 2.5 short block and the 2.3 head

Tom
I'm done.
i was thinking to buy ST which is 2.3L, then transfer all to mine.
i am undecided which turbo to go with yet.

later on, ported head from massive and intake mani from topspeed.

my final goal is around 400whp.
The ST is a 2.0l

You dont need a ported head to reach 400 to the wheels , and the stock intake will also get you to 400 ,

If top speed ever does come out with a intake I hope it fits better then there SVT which made no extra HP even with boost

Keep it simple and keep the cost down , if your shooting for 400 the stock head with new valve springs and stock intake will get you there

Tom
(01-29-2015, 11:39 AM)1turbofocus Wrote: The ST is a 2.0l

You dont need a ported head to reach 400 to the wheels , and the stock intake will also get you to 400 ,

If top speed ever does come out with a intake I hope it fits better then there SVT which made no extra HP even with boost

Keep it simple and keep the cost down , if your shooting for 400 the stock head with new valve springs and stock intake will get you there

Tom

I am talking about ST here in Canada, not ST170/SVT.
2005 ~2007 ZX4 ST came with 2.3L.
Was there ST in hatchback? Only 2.3L in hatchback I remember was 2003 with PZEV available in Cali and NY or something.

I can get 400whp with stock safely? How about the fuel pump?
Ahhh the early ST not the new turbocharged ST

Yes the stock head and intake will support 400 to the wheels , the stock fuel pump will not , I am working on a serge tank for a new Focus I am doing and will be posting the results in a few months , this allows you to use a return fuel system as well as the stock fuel pump and tank

Tom