Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford to retire V8 Engine
discuss

http://horsepowerkings.com/sources-ford-...fter-2017/
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
As a huge fan of Le Mans 24 (made my first pilgrammage last June) I am STOKED to the nines on the new GT TTv6. My first Le Mans I got to see my all time sportscar favourites Porsche return to defend their outright title count against Audi and my next trip in 2016 will welcome the GTs for the 50th anniversary of their middle finger salute to Enzo Ferrari. Couldn't be happier. I'm beaming. TTV6 > V8 all day every day.
My last Le Mans race was 1971 - no Fords, just Porsche's and Ferrari's.
Not surprising tbh, with new fuel economy restrictions, emissions targets and whatnot the move to smaller engines with the same power should be somewhat expected. I'm surprised for has not adopted cylinder deactivation technology like GM and Chrysler have. I mean even the new Z06 with Z07 performance pack balls to the wall add-ons has 4cyl mode, and achieves EPA estimates in the high 20s,...not bad right?
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
nah, the V8 isn't going anywhere. Years ago I read about a strong rumor of a V8 Ecoboost. @ 6 PSI it pulled a 400+hp and something stupid 600+tq. They will just make a polite version of it and there you go.
The V6 ecoboost is a great motor but it isn't Built Ford Tough. I myself fell for the propaganda, but while I had it. She walked all over some fast & fancy cars lol
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

I dunno Scorcher that not so tough Ecoboost won the 24hrs of Daytona last year after all.
The power train is a grocery getter with some balls. I know, I broke it many times and had Ford stumped every single time. In the end I had high up VP's at Ford US trying to figure out Wtf is up.
Plus if you needed a part, is was a week away to 2 months + for a starter. It was fun bit it sucked. 2 years I had it, it was in the shop for around 8 months in total.
And if you want to talk 24hrs or racing. Try 24+hrs of workng. There are some days and nights that the truck never shut off at all.

And because of my truck there are many different companies (that I shouldn't mention) that will not buy the ecoboost and they actually left Ford for GM.
So for Ford to drop the V8. That will never happen. They cried about lambo's not having a V12, but look at them now lol
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified

Well, the 3.5L EB in our Flex has been VERY reliable to us since we got it. I have done a lot of research online, and the version of engine that's in our car isn't "just some v6 they slapped some turbo's on". It's actually very robustly built, the Borg-Warner turbo's are meant to go a long time without maintenance, and the engines respond very well to mods. The choke point for them is the stock exhaust, and they thrive with engine management. The engines were designed as though to make 600+hp over a sustained period of time/useage...the transmission is not. I have read that it can hold upto 450hp and around the same in torque, but beyond that is a crapshoot. I can say that ours bone-stock will actually outpace a LOT of vehicles, from a dig, a roll, and on the highway, that you wouldn't think it would.

We have no regrets with ours so far, and hope to get a lot more use out of it down the road...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
The Engines are the same as mine was. The turbos are only lasting 240,000Km and even 100,000KM on severe use. That all really comes down to the oil quality you use and the change intervals you do. I did mine every Month... Plus your injectors are sitting in the oil too. Anyway good to here yours is still running well. The motor will support 600+HP with a s**t tone of upgrades and that includes turbos too.... That's why the new Raptors have all the proper toys done to it Wink
When the motor is built new, such as all chain driven timing engines from Ford, they have a tensioner that have 10 teeth. 3 are already out when the parts are new. Ford figures around 160,000KM (when Ford did the torcher test on the EB F150 Tear Down) there were another 3-4 teeth showing on the tensioner. The plastic guides worn down quite a bit. When you get any further out on the tensioner the chain has more slack. Ask the guys at Caterham in UK that bring the Chain driven Duratecs to 9000RPM+. At that point the motor is done if the chain skips a tooth. Soo, safe to say it's not a maintenance free motor but more like it will last a while.
Saw the new F150's in a Hamilton lot this past weekend and I gotta say, out of maybe 12 new trucks there were 2 EB's. The rest all 5.0's.

.....and I'm here with the shitty 5.4L 3V Triton engine.
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
(02-03-2015, 05:56 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote: .....and I'm here with the shitty 5.4L 3V Triton engine.

Nothing wrong with that. I just hope it's the 04+ heads tho...