Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first build thread, 2000 ZX3 turned RS
Pretty cool build. Rwd is always good in my books, especially when you build it yourself in a car not meant for it. Thumbs up
looking sweet dude.. ill have to come by and check it out
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
dude this is awesome
It's not finished yet, just have the rear IRS in freewheeling. I'll have more time in two weeks to fully rwd it Smile
Can't wait to see it perform when all done! You are far more ambitious than I am haha
Since my work shutdown was cancelled due to overwhelming workload, I've been too damn busy to be able to make it fully rwd, so I went and bought a parts focus, which will also be an engine donor at 79k, and pulled it apart to use as a jig to make my subframe and components work before swapping them into my car.

So my rear brakes were a bit lacking and I was never a fan of the cast iron calipers, so I figured I'd start upgrading there too, since its a load less time heavy than the rwd. 

Ford 500/freestyle rear discs, 330mm x 10mm solid rotor, using Mazda 3 aluminum calipers. Definitely cut some unsprung weight from the 276mm vented cast iron caliper Lincoln mark viii rear end
let me know if you get that coilover fixed , this thing is a beast ! Lol
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
Thanks! I probably won't even think about fixing it till sometime in the winter. So much to do, haha
looking good man
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo

I had a chance to get the motor mated to the trans today. Some clearance issues with the thermostat housing but nothing a grinder on the bellhousing won't fix Smile
Nice work! You need one of these...

[Image: Zetec%20water%20rail.jpg]

http://www.raceline.co.uk/products/part_...tegoryID=2
Holy f*ck that's exactly what I need!
PROPER!
Okay so I bought a set of wheels on kijiji the other day amazingly cheap, was going to use them for winter rims but they're growing on me... Especially since I polished them and they came out perfect.
Before:

.jpg   $_27.JPG (Size: 22.14 KB / Downloads: 56)
After:

Well Ive kind of switched gears on this project, i pulled the rear end out, stuffed a stock rear suspension back in, moved it all back to stock, mostly. I grabbed an old bat inc kit for mustang calipers on 00-04 knuckles with fsvt rotors.  Bought a set of ksport 1st gen coilovers - which are sort of rare as most of the ones sold now are much different without adjustable camber/top plates, they usually require cutting the strut towers a bit to gain adjustability but they also put my car wayyy too low at the highest setting, so i made a set of spacers for the struts. 
I also made a set of 1.25" wheel spacers that are hubcentric too. I also found a deal on a JRSC w/bbk, so im in the process of building a low km motor up to swap into it, keeping it FWD for now.  

Now I havent scrapped the RWD conversion, I ended up buying a completely rust free shell, 2000 zx3, still has paint on the subframes and rust free doors, hatch, rockers, everything. So its a better platform to start on rather than use my rusty ol RS conversion, plus now i dont have to weekend-warrior all the mods i want to do to it so i can daily drive it. 

Strut spacers, 1.25" as well, also allows me to adjust the camber without hacking my car up.

what?? you've made a spacer because ksport is sitting way tooooo low??
i have d2 front and i need it to be really low.
i will have to buy ksport.

i would not recommend doing rwd conversion. there were few and did not survive more than 2 years.
i do not know why but i guess weight difference and heavy v8 distorted chassis?
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
I was definitely planning to go zetec rwd, keep the same weight and more of a 50/50 balance but I'm considering a different approach for my new zx3 project Smile

The ksports I have definitely made it too low at the highest setting. Spacers also allow me to adjust the camber directly by rotating the top plates 30° vs redrilling the mount holes to gain camber-only adjustment instead of camber+castor. Also puts me in the middle sweet spot of the short shock travel.
I'm now in the process of changing my engine out for some more powah!

And I'd add photos but apparently mine are too big, by 100k, since most 8mp camera phones take pics that end up 2.1mb and the limit is 2mb. So once I have a chance to crop a few down I'll post!

Just finished the jrsc build week Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  wrc rally replica build thread konafocuswrc 710 499,480 04-07-2016, 01:03 AM
Last Post: ANTHONYD
  Few new parts, possible build thread? jtdanks 40 23,799 05-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jtdanks