Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2003 zetec , a/c not working
Last week when the weather was warmer i decided to see if my a/c was going to work again. Last year I had to refill it. I had them put the tracing fluid in so if there was a leak I could see it. There is no leaking fluid I can find. I did notice the pulley on the a/c compressor was not spinning when I pushed the a/c button in the car. Could compressor be pooched? I am going to try a recharge using a recharge kit. It's a pain but having a/c during summer is nice some times.
2003 ZX5
"I feel like a silver bullet"
SVT wheels
SVT suspension
AEM intake
With a hint of dip

[Image: 158491.png]
I gotta fix mine also . I tried a re-charge and it didn't work
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
a/c compressor is pretty common to go. the clutch system wears out and wont grab anymore. for the price of a new pump I don't think its worth it.. might want to go to a pick n' pull maybe. but then you're taking a chance
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Pull the clutch off the front of the compressor, sand it down with Emory cloth, clean out the centre part so that it slides in nice and easy, put it together and enjoy a new (rebuilt) clutch Smile might only last a year or two, but it's easy enough to do.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird instrument cluster problems (2003 Zetec) duckcanuck 7 3,552 07-07-2014, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Scorcher000