Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update from Saskatchewan
[Image: je0CPph.jpg]

Well, we have finally done it. We installed the SVT front bumper, the SVT side skirts and the rear spoiler on SVT-WGN. We painted the pieces just to avoid having raw bumper on the front, silver on the side and white on the rear. But guess what? Rattle can CX (Dark Shadow Gray Clearcoat Pearl Metallic) is not the same as factory CX (Dark Shadow Gray Clearcoat Pearl Metallic). I did not think it would matter if the colour was off a shade (or two or three), but obviously, the pieces will eventually need a re-spray. Unfortunately, the quote from the professional body shop painters was more than what we have invested in the entire car (would you believe over $8000 for the entire car?). So I will drive with the two tone gray for the time being.

[Image: rk5VPUc.jpg]

We also replaced the rear control arms and related bushings to tighten up the suspension. Just like new.

[Image: UUsYRRT.jpg]
8k for paint!? Jesus. Materials are like 6-800, that's 7k labour. Unreal!
Your wagon is looking really good , funny because my SVT wagon's front bumper is a different shade of grey also. European colours I guess were slightly different . But hey at least it's not a completely different colour like black . You can see the difference in the picture I attached .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
Yeah, I gulped and yabba yabbad out of there. How did Maco ever do an entire car for $250? Once my son finishes his submarine (a Nissan 4x4 with full snorkel and waterproofed electrical system) maybe we will try a repaint.
Painting to look decent isn't all that hard, just time and space consuming. To make it look really good it takes a huge load of time, mostly sanding and buffing. Macco used cheapest paint and no prep, just scuff it, tape half assed and spray