Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4WD Focus wagon
Has anyone here tried converting a Focus wagon (First gen 2007) to 4WD. Is it possible, or am I better off just buying a Subaru?

Thanks.
I'm sure it's possible , would be pretty expensive . I'd say you would be better off buying a Subaru.
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
Yea for the time and headache you will save, not to mention the money you will save just go for the Subaru. Any reason you need awd or is it just a preference?
Nothing shares the C170 platform we used in N/A for anything other then the focus. If we lived across the pond and had foci build on the C1/Global C platform, the volvo S40/S50 AWD stuff could probably work.
There is a number of questions you need to ask yourself before starting a project. Why do I want a four-wheel drive Focus. Do I need four-wheel drive or do I want to drive something completely different than the next guy.

If you need four-wheel drive, then the Suburu, Audi or Volvo V-series make more sense. If you want to be different, then your question becomes, how different. There is an adage (from way back - I am an old guy) speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?

Other questions; do you want an automatic or manual transmission? Do you want creature comforts (air conditioning, power windows, heated seats, etc.) or would a stripped model do?

The reason these questions pop up, is most modern cars have their power control modules (computer and network) manage all the other electrical duties. These PCM units do not like each other, even other years of the same make.

As an aside, we still (after four years) do not have the traction control working on my wagon.

Volvo does have a four-wheel drive wagon and the new Focus RS is an all wheel drive, but you will see more of these on the street than one you build yourself.
With enough skill, time, or money anything is possible. For me, having a RWD focus is what Ive wanted and am building because I do want to be different from the next guy but also different because you cant buy what im building. Its a bit of a pat on the back every time I drive it. If you have the time money or skill, do it! If you just want a function that it doesn't support from the factory, but can get elsewhere and are okay with it, then get an AWD car from the start.
give it a shot!! anything is possible
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo