Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus vs Saturn, uhm,, somethings wrong!
(09-08-2015, 10:07 PM)MikkelRS Wrote: Timing would be a good place to check. Fuel systems were pretty much the same 00-04+, it would show massive lean codes and fuel pressor errors if it wasn't working.

I can't see it being timing because I used the bar to lock cams and the pin for the crank, but who knows! I really wish I could remember when the decreased performance started happening, would make things a lot easier. 

Will dive into the timing stuff again when I have a free weekend, hopefully before it snows. also picking up a compression tester today so I'll get on that.
Definitely a great tool for checking how worn rings are and such. It may have jumped a tooth for timing too, though as long as everything was locked I don't see how., unless it was during first run or somewhere down the line.
(09-09-2015, 03:42 AM)MikkelRS Wrote: Definitely a great tool for checking how worn rings are and such. It may have jumped a tooth for timing too, though as long as everything was locked I don't see how., unless it was during first run or somewhere down the line.

yeah, rings, maybe valves, so many possibilities. don't seem to be burning any oil so who knows. 
Doubt timing jumped, used a gates belt so not some cheap crap. Maybe the tensioner loosened off a tad, who knows. Won't know till I get in there. Will update this more when I know though!