Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headlights, LED halo wiring
Guess this is kinda appearance. It's more of wiring but figure it fits here better. 

So my headlights I retrofitted with projectors a while ago also have an LED ring on the shrouds. I blacked out a portion so they look "angry" or "evil" They are going to be wired so they are white while the car is running. These will become my running lights so I can pull the DRL fuse and save life on my HID bulbs. 

however, they are switchback LED. so they flash amber! I want to wire these into the turn signals so the side im signalling to, will flash amber. 

now I need to know where I can grab power from for the white portion, so basically Key on power. this one should be simple i just can't think of anything I can tap into easily.

the signal portion I need to know which wire handles the "flash" so I can tap into it for the LEd's

does this make sense?
you should be able to wire them into the turn signals on your grill.. ones power ones the turn signal and ones ground. I believe the middle wires is the turn signal but not sure.. unplug the coneector and turn your lights on and put the LED wires in the plugs and see what they do .. once you figure that out you can solder the wires to the corresponding correct wires

EDIT: your DRL will be the wire on the harness to the headlight itself you can unplug that wire from the socket and tap your new LED wire to that wire
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
(09-01-2015, 01:40 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: you should be able to wire them into the turn signals on your grill.. ones power ones the turn signal and ones ground. I believe the middle wires is the turn signal but not sure.. unplug the coneector and turn your lights on and put the LED wires in the plugs and see what they do .. once you figure that out you can solder the wires to the corresponding correct wires

EDIT: your DRL will be the wire on the harness to the headlight itself you can unplug that wire from the socket and tap your new LED wire to that wire

Duh. Why didn't I think of that. wow. Mondays, man. Going to attempt it tonight if i don't work overtime. Should look pretty damn good I think. pretty mean too. 
not sure If I posted the lights anywhere, but heres what I did.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

nice dide those look great.. you should run a light bar in that giant opening in your bumper lol
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
(09-03-2015, 01:01 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: nice dide those look great.. you should run a light bar in that giant opening in your bumper lol

Haha it's tempting to throw one in there. I did that cause the bumper was cracked to crap from a rogue beaver that decided to jump in front of me, after i changed lanes to avoid it haha. Figured an ugly rectangle opening was better than cracked pieces. 

still havent done the lights, been super busy but it's a long weekend, and I'm going home early today so hopefully i can get em wired up and show em off!
you can use a volt meter tester and test relay 12 and/or 13, one of those should be your DRL relay.  once you find the hot wire, you can then route that to the wire that controls the white portion of your halo led.  if you want to make them blink when you signal, you can look at the turn signal harness, there is 3 wires majour/minor and ground, now im just discussing off the top of my head but one of those wires, possibly the minor, will be the one which is activated when u enable turn signals
My other ride is your Mom
Finally got off my ass and wired everything up!

I just used wiring from my fog lights that have been removed, and tapped into the turn signals in the grill. Turns out its the blue wires, on the outside if the plug. For future reference.

Pulled out r12 relay to disable the HID'S as my DRL. So its just the led rings as DRL now. Hopefully i don't get any issues from cops.

[Image: IMG_20150907_132532630_HDR_zpsooqfvlpg.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20150907_132510092_HDR_zpsyumk0jwb.jpg]

Like my bumper stitching job? lmao. keeping my eyes open for an svt bumper on kijiji

Will have video of the signals working in a bit
I need to wash this thing.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_Fx9hYFalc
(09-08-2015, 04:39 AM)204ZX3 Wrote: Pulled out r12 relay to disable the HID'S as my DRL. So its just the led rings as DRL now. Hopefully i don't get any issues from cops.

I got my BCM reflashed to get rid of my DRLs in my 2012, and EVERYONE knows they're supposed to have DRLs. But I have been fined for yellow headlights. :-P Either way, its $110 fine or a day in court to get out of it considering you're still using DRLs, I don't think you'll have any problems.

Now wash your car!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Focus Halo Headlights? ThornhillFocus 10 4,031 01-03-2009, 03:40 AM
Last Post: Scourge
  Halo Projector Headlights Raypro 14 7,123 07-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Last Post: konafocuswrc
  New Halo Headlights On Ebay SL8RZZX3 13 5,249 11-21-2005, 09:06 AM
Last Post: smith21