Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hamilton, Ontario area help needed
Hello all, first time poster, but long time auto forum user.

This is my first focus. 2002 SVT that I bought on the weekend.

Long story short, I have a couple of standard focus issues (shift linkage, Delrin block), as well as some general maintenance to be done. I used to do this stuff all the time and have the skills, but I just have to admit that with a wife, 3-kids, a full-time job, new house, and independent employment ventures on the side, I JUST DON'T HAVE THE TIME. I read a lot on the forums (during work hours) and learn lots but seldom can pass that wisdom on directly to a mechanic at Canadian Tire, or elsewhere (even though my local CDN Tire is quite good to me).
Long story short, I'm willing to independently pay someone to do the work for me. Or if someone knows a shop in the HAM-BUR area that doesn't need to be told what to do to change a Delrin block, that would work too (Focus knowledge is a must).

Work to be done:
Delrin block
Shift linkage
Gear oil change
Trace a wiring fault from an O2 sensor
Adjust a parking brake sensor (light is always on)

And anything else I can come up with to make sure the car is useable as a daily driver, and is not a pain in my rear.

I can even provide a small garage and tools if absolutely necessary.

Currently located in Centre-Hamilton but am in Burlington everyday for work.

Let me know.

Thanks

Paul
2002 Focus SVT, Daily Driver.
That's a pretty good request. But there are few people out there who understand the 2002 Focus. I changed an engine in mine once. Then when that dropped a valve seat 16 months later, I paid someone to drop in another used engine, because they didn't know how to change just the valve head. I hope you don't have the split port engine. Although a very good engine on gas, it can stop suddenly anywhere. Then ten minutes later, it will start again and off you go. Ha ha.
Yes, I'm still driving mine, for two reasons: 1) it's a stationwagaon 2) great on gas.
If I was you, I would purchase the Haynes repair manual, and always leave it on the passenger seat for when you take the car for maintenace or repairs.
I recently found out, you can't get real Ford parts for the 2002 anymore unless you call the parts storage business in U.S.
All the best.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That post is from 2015...
Little bit of show, little bit of go.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hamilton Area meets? mcnal35 29 12,060 04-23-2014, 09:15 AM
Last Post: .2001.focus.