Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new 08 coupe, dubbed #StreetFocus
Hey all! So I picked up my new to me 2008 Focus on saturday. She's fully stock, sitting on steelies right now. Not really anything to look at. Has a few dings here and there, not perfect condition but pretty damn close. 

This is gonna be a car I take care of properly. I've been known to abuse my cars haha, but this thing will be kept in good condition. have some big plans for it, a fewsmall things, and a few bigger things. 

So let's get it started with some pictures, in the condition shes in right now! 

[Image: nNitkK7.jpg]

[Image: IlRHENi.jpg]

Options:

Well, she's not fully loaded, but it's decently optioned out. 
It's an SE, it's got heated cloth seats, which are amazing. 
5 speed stick, duratec obviously. 
sync I believe as it has a little button with a phone on it. 
Sirius radio, aux in. 
Cruise, command start (which is awesome) 
That's about it really.

So, basic plans right now are the typical things. Wheels, lower, tint, etc.

I do have a set of 17" SES wheels that I ran on my old focus, a ZX3. So those will be swapped over to the 2008 once the weather stops being mean. I keep waking up to snow and icy highways so the steelies and winter tires are staying on for now. Forecast looks good, should be on the 17's soon! Have plans to powdercoat them a bronzy/brown color, as the paint is peeling and it has more than a few rock ships. 

Lpowering springs will hopefully be picked up this week, local guy has a set of eibach pro springs and swaybars for an 06-07. So i'll pick those up if we can agree o na rpice, then i'll have to get some 06-07 top hats from rockauto and ocne those come in, springs will go on! 

tint, Legal limits here are 35% backs, 50% fronts. So that's likely what I'll be doing. Don't want to go too dark although 35% all around would be nice. 

as for exhaust, I'm not sure which route I'll go, if anything. I do want a bit more noise, but don't want to go crazy. 

I will be stealing the projectors from my zx3 to do a retrofit in this car eventually, once I can get a second set of lights for this car. And, I have an idea to make the taillights look 100X better, more on that later! Oh, and chrome. It's going bye bye, have some plasti dip to take care of all that ugly chrome. 

that's about it for plans right now.
few more pics! She needs a bath already. Can't wait till the snow stops falling and making everything slush lol.

[Image: wvnouzc.jpg]

[Image: 0Wcf8Ck.jpg]

[Image: lBGjbwy.jpg]

Picked up a set of lowering springs, and sway bars last night. Woo! Just need some 06-07 top hats to install.

[Image: 74MBV84.jpg]

[Image: zTZHK4m.jpg]

[Image: rgtnOkM.jpg]

I need to find some better spots to take pictures lol

Going to toss on my 17's tonight, and give this thing a bath. Will replicate this photo tomorrow morning if I remember.

[Image: kb1ahkv.jpg]
Washed last night, and got my 17's on Big Grin
Didn't get any of the other stuff done, as it was too windy to tint the lights and do any de-chroming.

[Image: 2oaCppU.jpg]

[Image: 4adOAXN.jpg]

[Image: 69eRM3d.jpg]

[Image: h34EAmV.jpg]

Shitty pics since i was running late to work lol, but meh.
Looks a lot better with the 17's on. Definitley needs those lowering springs now though. The winter tires I took off were a bit oversized (and rubbed) now with normal sized tires, looks way too tall haha. too much gap.

waiting for new spring seats to come in, and the low will be on. Stay tuned!
Those SES wheels make the biggest difference on those coupes...Those, paired with a tint and a few other things make them look low profile, but nice.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
(04-18-2016, 10:59 AM)Drivesthebeast Wrote: Those SES wheels make the biggest difference on those coupes...Those, paired with a tint and a few other things make them look low profile, but nice.

Yeah the wheels make a huge difference. They are in really rough shape thanks to all the gravel driving I didnwhen they were on my zx3, so I'm thinking of powder coating them a dark bronzy/copper. We'll see. 

As for tint, it definitely needs to happen. I'll go with the legal limits here, which is 35% back windows, and 50% front. Will look a lot better. Black cars NEED tint haha.
Oh, Hello, What do you contain?

[Image: 6bguqwe.jpg]

Oh, well that's awesome! One step closer to lower.

[Image: C71W617.jpg]
ok, try this again.
I did a thing today.

started here

[Image: TycJgPD.jpg]

Then did this thing

[Image: ks3w69Z.jpg]

then I did some of this

[Image: MTBBUaF.jpg]

[Image: Tppbkb9.jpg]
did another little project today.
took a few pics. Going to get some laminx tint to go over top of this. thinking a light smoke would be good. nothing too dark.

[Image: nNl8sAF.jpg]

[Image: hGdCVyg.jpg]

[Image: AfzbVPZ.jpg]

[Image: eNnCLK1.jpg]

[Image: zQEhCFQ.jpg]

[Image: OvStpNi.jpg]

I really love it, looks so much better than all that chrome, to me anyways.
[Image: vuxvnsN.jpg]

[Image: O0WHBVl.jpg]

Gave her a bath. Looking like i wont get my spring seats in this week, was hoping i would.
well shes lowered boys and girls!

[Image: CmIb2jO.jpg]