Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ummm.........hockey Thread?
It was quite the third period. Looked like they were exhausted or giving up in the second and then bam, third period they wake right up.
Awesome game! I taped it to watch later as we had guests, then snuck a peek at the final score. I thought it was a mistake-5-2 Buds but they are still down 2-0 past the 10 minute mark of the third. Once the floodgates opened, they really opened! Tom Renney's face said it all. It's like he knew it was coming and couldn't do anything about it.
Watched the game with friends last night and before the explosion we were taking bets on when the Leafs would tie and force it into a shootout...

Damned if the Leafs didn't turn around and go "Shootout? We don't need no steekin' shootout" :lol:

Thing is, this Leafs team is hungry and is listening to Wilson as if he were Satan himself come up to bust their @$$es if they pull any of the lazy, selfish crap that had infected this team for years.

It may not in the end change where they settle in the standings (Other teams will figure them out, it's still early yet so the surprise factor will be lost) but at least they're entertaining.

As I said to Stormin' Norm Rumack last night on FAN 590 as I was heading home, this improved play may even work in the Leafs favour over the long haul, a few deadline deals for picks and this team will get even better down the road, as long as they stick to a long term vision and not the "quick hit" solution.

NefCanuck