Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finnishing My System After 3 Yrs...need Help
ok so first ill say my issue then outline my system for fun :)

i need to figure out how to mount my ps2...i was thinking in the glove box or under a seat...but i dont know where to start
-fyi, the power inverter has to be mounted behind my glove box

system (front to back)
head unit - jvc avx44 (built in 3.5 screen)
7 inch gps with video in
ps2(not mounted!)
300 watt power inverter
alpine type r 5x7's
alpine type r 6x9's
alpine mrp f550 (90watts x 4 rms)
alpine r12 sub
alpine mrp m1000
stinger 1 farad capacitor
stinger billet inter connects (for sub)
monster cable inter connects (for speakers) - great buy, yes expensive but easier to tuck away one wire that covers all 4 channels
and all the regular power and signal wires

ps. i could really use some help figuring out how to mount this, pics are encouraged :)
Is it the old style or the slim version?

I had the old style in a glove box set-up that Hardk0re had fiberglassed up for me.

It worked great and only stuck out maybe .5 of an inch just under the glove box handle and 1.5 inches from its lowest point, since the glove box is on a slant :D

Now it is in Audionut405's car.... I'll get a hold of him and see if he has any pics

NOW if it's the newer slim style..... this idea is way out there, but might be cool.
What if you mounted it in the headliner? Since the games/dvds clip into it, the door when opened would just drop down and would be easily accessable to the driver
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Ive seen slim playstaions on the headliner before looks alright. One guy even made his slim his passengers visor it fliped down and everything but im pretty sure it was a trailer baby car show toy
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Here is the big PS2 mounted in a glove box, wasn't completely done it was still primer.

Large PS2 Mounted in Glovebox
Nice work Kevin....I had my X-box under the passenger seat....Not a good idea

Not enough ventilation and if you drive your car in the winter, well when you use your heat your getting that console really hot....Soon enough you will have to look for a new console

I say If your ps2 or I prefer X-box isn't chipped then there is no use for it in the car

X-Box is pretty much a computer so you have many options for a great system....I say loose the Glove box or put it in the trunk, and get wireless controllers
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]