Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stock Speaker Upgrade
Well I want to upgade my stock speakers but use the same deck. I'm looking for better mids and highs but I don't want to get componets. Anyways what are good speakers to get and what size are the doors? 6x8 or 5x7?

Thanks
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Alpine Type S 5x7's are great. They handle more power than stock and are good to use with an amp.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Oscar The Grouch,Sep 25 2008, 11:00 PM Wrote:Alpine Type S 5x7's are great.  They handle more power than stock and are good to use with an amp.
[right][snapback]273303[/snapback][/right]

Does a stock deck have enouph to power them? I don't want to start ripping apart the car put in amps, just better sound.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
i will say, go with aftermarket deck and then upgrade stock speaker..

and add amp for sub, and add amp for speakers..

6x8 is the size for focus..and also 5x7 can be fit no problem..

try jbl, jbl gives you a bit more bass than other brands..

changing factory deck to aftermarket gives you noticable difference..

visit any of best buy or future shop, they don't carry dash kit for your car but can be special ordered from local supplier which takes 3~5 days..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Canadian ST,Sep 25 2008, 11:08 PM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Sep 25 2008, 11:00 PM Wrote:Alpine Type S 5x7's are great.  They handle more power than stock and are good to use with an amp.
[right][snapback]273303[/snapback][/right]

Does a stock deck have enouph to power them? I don't want to start ripping apart the car put in amps, just better sound.
[right][snapback]273304[/snapback][/right]

Stock deck should be fine. I believe the Type S speakers handle about 50w rms, most aftermarket decks put about 16w RMS an stock decks put out about 12w RMS.

Like kona said, if you want clearer sound, you're going to need an aftermarket deck and an amp.

Aftermarket speakers can handle a lot, but without proper amplification, the signal becomes distorted and sound quality degrades.

Here's what I would suggest:

1. Aftermarket Deck. Get one with at least 2ea pre-outs.
2. Amp 2 or 4 channel (not sure what to use, I've never done an amplifier for door speakers yet). Get something that puts out about 50w RMS per channel. I would recommend something like this to start. Alpine F250 4 Channel Amp Link.
3. Upgraded speakers.

If you go up to that amp, and not crank it all the way up, you should be able to get some clearer sound without blowing your speakers.

So if you want clearer highs, buy a new aftermarket deck
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
konafocuswrc,Sep 25 2008, 11:27 PM Wrote:i will say, go with aftermarket deck and then upgrade stock speaker..

and add amp for sub, and add amp for speakers..

6x8 is the size for focus..and also 5x7 can be fit no problem..

try jbl, jbl gives you a bit more bass than other brands..

changing factory deck to aftermarket gives you noticable difference..

visit any of best buy or future shop, they don't carry dash kit for your car but can be special ordered from local supplier which takes 3~5 days..
[right][snapback]273305[/snapback][/right]

I got a 08 with the stupid deck built into the dash. So getting a new deck now is a waste, I will look at the JBL speakers my aunt had them in her Camary and they sounded great.
the "oem" speaker thread on FF would've been the perfect place for you to get a set, i got 4 of them while they were on sale, they're sold out now but they were only $4 per speaker and man what a difference! i agree for going with JBLs
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
JBL, Infinity, PowerAcoustik, or JVC Asenal...6x8"...will make a noticeable difference over OEM as far as clarity goes. They should also play a little bit louder overall with the same amount of volume.

Of personal interest to me...

http://www.infinitysystems.com/car/product...y=US&Region=USA

http://www.jbl.com/car/products/product_de...cat=MEL&ser=POS

Both of those speakers would be ideal, as they were designed to be driven by your factory deck, as well as use your vehicle's factory speaker wires too. They might be my first choices if I upgrade the MACH 300 in my Escape (which I might end up doing, if the wifey blows up my stereo).

L8tz
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Drivesthebeast,Nov 14 2008, 11:56 PM Wrote:JBL, Infinity, PowerAcoustik, or JVC Asenal...6x8"...will make a noticeable difference over OEM as far as clarity goes.  They should also play a little bit louder overall with the same amount of volume.

Of personal interest to me...

http://www.infinitysystems.com/car/product...y=US&Region=USA

http://www.jbl.com/car/products/product_de...cat=MEL&ser=POS

Both of those speakers would be ideal, as they were designed to be driven by your factory deck, as well as use your vehicle's factory speaker wires too.  They might be my first choices if I upgrade the MACH 300 in my Escape (which I might end up doing, if the wifey blows up my stereo).

L8tz
[right][snapback]276465[/snapback][/right]

Do you still have the Infinity Basslink sub, how is it holding up?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stock Speaker Size For 05 shogun99 3 2,752 03-31-2008, 10:30 PM
Last Post: ZTWsquared
  Upgrade Stock Sound? 2FST4U 4 2,191 05-19-2007, 11:45 PM
Last Post: scotiacustom