Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jobs? Mr.lube
Well i've been looking for some part-time or full-time (if its worth it) jobs lately and i'll be starting at mr.lube this week. I know it's not the greatest place and pay is as low as you can get but they'll take you in and train you the basics so i figured why not. At least i'll learn and gain some hands-on experience + get paid to do it.

I don't know how long i'll stay there (probably a couple months). Anybody have experience working at mr.lube? If u want to know anything about it, ask me and i'll pass along my experience.

If anyone knows of any job openings elsewhere (ie. bell/hp/rogers/banks/office jobs entry level stuff) i could use some references. I'll probably still be looking around for something full-time. For now it'll have to be mr. lube.
Be the change you want to see in this world.
Its a start, just give your job 100% and you will learn get some money and move up and you might end up staying.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
What kind of expirence you have ....whats your background in work ?
2003 Zx3 French Blue
yeah no background in auto mechanics except that i can change my own oil and my dad's a mechanic lol.

Most of my work experience is in customer service/sales and retail. I also do some social work. I'm hoping to find some entry level job that can lead to long-term growth (unlike most minimum wage jobs that are just temporary).

I've been trying to get into teller services at the banks but tough to get in there by online application...usually u have to know someone inside to get referred.

Everybody's gotta start somewhere...it's just tough finding those places cuz they usually want years of experience already.
how old are you?

get into some trade.....i know Boilermakers Local 128 need some people......their forman told me they start off with $20/hour.....after 4 or 5 year aprentiship (which you can make shorter by doing lots of hours) as a jorney man you'll be at $32-34
lots of over time...lots of double time
and they have one of the best pensions
Trade is something you should look into....gotta love the big ol' union :rolleyes:
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
NikiterZTS,Oct 14 2008, 09:37 PM Wrote:how old are you?

get into some trade.....i know Boilermakers Local 128 need some people......their forman told me they start off with $20/hour.....after 4 or 5 year aprentiship (which you can make shorter by doing lots of hours) as a jorney man you'll be at $32-34
lots of over time...lots of double time
and they have one of the best pensions
Trade is something you should look into....gotta love the big ol' union  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]274565[/snapback][/right]

He's got a point, If you can get into a trade that would be a great move. Of course you would like to enjoy and have some ability to make it in any trade.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
If I could do it over again, likely have gone electrician and carpenter to master journeymen.
Trade is the way, be smart, learn all you can about operating the business and go out on your own.
If you can, go back to school and learn a trade. No matter what happens with the economy, things are still going to need to be repaired, or in good times, built.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Read up on things in your spare time, befriend some "real" mechanics to give you some insight on working on different cars - domestics, asian and european imports, big trucks, etc. You may find that you have an affinity for this type of work and that causes you to go back and take some more schooling to get ready for your "A"-class mechanic certification (a REAL mechanic). Or, you may move to 18-wheelers and heavy equipment. Maybe you'll get into being a bike and small engine mechanic. Who knows!

I'll say one time, loud and proud to get it out over the crowd:

KNOWLEDGE IS KEY

Learn, learn, learn. No matter what you do, learn if only for your own benefit at the end of the day. Don't become stagnant and lazy - keep learning!

And PLEASE, when faced with reasonable requests at the new job - listen! There's nothing more frustrating than irate customers who make reasonable requests and then get shut down. That'll get you in s*** with the boss and possibly fired due to the negative feedback instead of getting you a tip from the customer.

I make it a point of bringing coffees for the service guys from time to time. Be friendly and they're friendly back. It goes both ways.

Good luck with the new job!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Which Mr. Lube are you working at? Store #? I work for Castrol and we supply all the Mr. Lube's with their bulk and most of their packaged product. Some advice, take your time. Don't strip the drain plug and use the correct fluid.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 15 2008, 11:44 AM Wrote:Read up on things in your spare time, befriend some "real" mechanics to give you some insight on working on different cars - domestics, asian and european imports, big trucks, etc. You may find that you have an affinity for this type of work and that causes you to go back and take some more schooling to get ready for your "A"-class mechanic certification (a REAL mechanic). Or, you may move to 18-wheelers and heavy equipment. Maybe you'll get into being a bike and small engine mechanic. Who knows!

I'll say one time, loud and proud to get it out over the crowd:

KNOWLEDGE IS KEY

Learn, learn, learn. No matter what you do, learn if only for your own benefit at the end of the day. Don't become stagnant and lazy - keep learning!

And PLEASE, when faced with reasonable requests at the new job - listen! There's nothing more frustrating than irate customers who make reasonable requests and then get shut down. That'll get you in s*** with the boss and possibly fired due to the negative feedback instead of getting you a tip from the customer.

I make it a point of bringing coffees for the service guys from time to time. Be friendly and they're friendly back. It goes both ways.

Good luck with the new job!
[right][snapback]274618[/snapback][/right]

i heard from 3 mechanics that being a mechaninc is a pretty bad trade to get into.....money is not as big as you want it to be and always have to go to school to upgrade......but mostly money they said
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Recently I've been thinking of becoming a electrician, Humber an dother schools offer night course to teach you then find a place to get into like Hydro One or Aecon which I would be going into (family contacts)
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

wow interesting posts! i never knew a trade was that highly regarded! everyone these days is like be a lawyer or doctor or get an MBA and be in the corporate world.

well i'll give this a try for a couple months and hopefully i'll be good at it so they want to keep me...if not i'll try customer service again.
You gotta do what you like man and you gotta think about the long run. Do you see yourself drifting from job to job your whole life or do you have a specific field you are interested in?

I dont know how old you are, but if your young with no kids and no wife GO BACK TO SCHOOL. Dont f*** around with the part time s*** just go full time and complete something your interested in.

I would recommend a trade if you are a hands on type person that doesn't care about getting dirty, if your more the suit and tie, A/C in the office type, complete a business admin course or something that will get you in the office.

I 360'd my life a couple years ago and went back to school for the third time because I absolutely hated the job I was doing, there were sacrifices I had to make, but It was well worth it.

I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
excellent advice i appreciate your view! (all of you)
I get paid decent Money to drink beer and keep fat ppl from taking the stairs

our guys start I think around 22-24 but its a very hard hard 4-5 years of grunt work. Then once you get your ticket you write your own life, I am in teh process of moving to another small town on the lake, with lots of chemicals. but man they made it so worth my while.

So like everyone else said trades trades trades, unless you want to end up like puppet or meaford LOL