Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frpp Rear Disk Brake Conversion Kit
The E Brake can actually be used to stop you car if needed. The braking distance, well... I think you could cut about 30FT off the original braking distance.

FYI the SVT rear rotors are completely different from the 05 ST Rear rotors.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Though I got a used set from a wrecker and didn't end up purchasing new brakes through Ken (ZTWsquared) I was wowed by Ken's service and attention to detail in quotes and honest feedback.

For those looking for the FR kit, they should take advantage of both his great service and, while you can, the high CDN $.

I don't post much on FC and don't know the site very well but if I could give rep to Ken it would be there already!
My wagon thinks it's faster than your wagon ...
If your Focus has ABS, it also has EBFD (Electronic Brake Force Distribution). This limits the amount of brake force that goes to the rear wheels, so that under normal conditions they will not &quot;out brake&quot; the fronts.

Having said this, it's never a good idea to set yourself up for failure. If you go with the SVT rear conversion kit, you should really upgrade the fronts as well.

Ivan MacKenzie.
Old Ride: 2001 Malibu Blue MTX Street Edition Wagon
New Ride: 2010 Mocha Brown MT 2.0T Passat Wagon
imack,Jun 12 2009, 07:08 PM Wrote:If your Focus has ABS, it also has EBFD (Electronic Brake Force Distribution).&nbsp; This limits the amount of brake force that goes to the rear wheels, so that under normal conditions they will not &quot;out brake&quot; the fronts.

Having said this, it's never a good idea to set yourself up for failure.&nbsp; If you go with the SVT rear conversion kit, you should really upgrade the fronts as well.

Ivan MacKenzie.
[right][snapback]289438[/snapback][/right]

I think the consensus is this ... with drums at thre rear the front brakes do a disproportionate amount of the braking - even more than would normally be expected from a front engine vehicle.

The test for this is to apply full braking, and if the fronts skid first, or go into ABS mode first, then the fronts are bearing the brunt of the braking.

Ideally for maximum braking effect you want all four tires to reach the limit of their adhesion at the exact same time ... in the real world however, without ABS this would present a real challenge to the driver with the possibility of locking up the rears first and the resultant lack of control ... with ABS the whole thing is managed for you, and as Ivan says - EBFD will also manage the force.

So bottom line ... to answer your question ... if you have ABS then don't worry about it - you will be able to take advantage of greater overall braking power without worrying too much about which end goes into ABS mode first.

2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I'll take a kit if they are still available...

Jive_q,Jul 17 2009, 10:32 AM Wrote:I'll take a kit if they are still available...
[right][snapback]291234[/snapback][/right]

PM on its way.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

I'd go in on this if my car wasn't automatic.
Focus-SE,Oct 10 2009, 03: Wrote:I'd go in on this if my car wasn't automatic.
[right][snapback]295803[/snapback][/right]
Not sure what you mean by this ... but technically there's no difference between auto and standard with respect to the front or rear brakes.

You gain big time stopping power with the Auto. The car still pulls itself while you are attempting to stop it. The rears really grab hard to stop the car and cut stopping distance by at least 50%.
Well worth the upgrade no mater if you are a racer or just a cruiser.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

agreed i love my upgrade
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Is this still available for this price?

Do i need anything else to swap to my 07 zx3 thanks!

Also what about shipping to windsor, ontario? N8R 2l2
evofocus,Mar 5 2010, 09:49 AM Wrote:Is this still available for this price?

Do i need anything else to swap to my 07 zx3 thanks!

Also what about shipping to windsor, ontario? N8R 2l2
[right][snapback]302789[/snapback][/right]
PM sent.