Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Svtf 02 May Worth Now
What do you guys think about how much should SVTF 02 in a good condition worth now?
And are they popular/wanted ?
How many KM on it and how optioned up is it? (IE: does it have everything that you could get with the SVTF at the time including the upmarket stereo?)

Thing is, if it was used as a daily driver, was bought in '02 and was driven average KM per year, it could have nearly 100,000km on it and that means its value takes a bit of a hit.

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Aug 17 2008, 01:24 AM Wrote:How many KM on it and how optioned up is it? (IE: does it have everything that you could get with the SVTF at the time including the upmarket stereo?)

Thing is, if it was used as a daily driver, was bought in '02 and was driven average KM per year, it could have nearly 100,000km on it and that means its value takes a bit of a hit.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]270550[/snapback][/right]
Yeah ... what Daniel said ... and I think I know where this may be heading ... so you should probably also mention how you resolved the SCT reflash issue as well as the clutch slave cylinder issue too ... whether or not you are the original owner and if you had a carfax report to share that too would be a good thing to have.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
ZTWsquared Wrote:[right][snapback]270550[/snapback][/right]
Yeah ... what Daniel said ... and I think I know where this may be heading ... so you should probably also mention how you resolved the SCT reflash issue as well as the clutch slave cylinder issue too ... whether or not you are the original owner and if you had a carfax report to share that too would be a good thing to have.
[right][snapback]270551[/snapback][/right]

:)
SVTF Full paackage, about 120K. New: clutch & aluminum flywheel, ignition, 67 throttle body, Steeda intake, cross-drilled brake disks. Never had turbos/shmurbos, no racing. New rims and tires + winter rims. Ford reflash was an answer to the original issue, so it is stock, slave cylinder was just changed to the one bought from the same stealership. Second owner, carfax is available. Silver.

I just trying to understand the market conditions and how wanted these things are now before doing any serious decisions.
If your buying one ALL of them are overpriced. For an 02 with 200K on it I see people still trying to sell them for $8k, private or dealers. Some dealers are selling for more.

I'd say stock 02 focus + turbo+suspension+brakes and your ahead of the game in both car and money in your wallet. There is a turbo focus on here that blows away any SVT...its in the FS section and its cheaper with less km's and never winter driven.
It's a great car for a N/A screamer project, but FI blows it away... pun intended. If we were having this convo next spring, I'd reply with "I'll make you an offer". However, it's not next spring yet.

The cross-drilled brakes would have to go, though. Most "serious" car guys will see those and run for the hills.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
i wouldn't buy any svtf for more then $9K
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 17 2008, 09:53 AM Wrote:The cross-drilled brakes would have to go, though. Most "serious" car guys will see those and run for the hills.
[right][snapback]270558[/snapback][/right]

Common, they look really nice :)
andrewned,Aug 17 2008, 04:24 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 17 2008, 09:53 AM Wrote:The cross-drilled brakes would have to go, though. Most "serious" car guys will see those and run for the hills.

[right][snapback]270575[/snapback][/right]

The problem is that cross drilled rotors do look nice but unless it was done right, the cross drilled rotor is prone to cracking when exposed to extreme use (IE: track days) and even have serious rust issues without any track time if the rotors weren't treated properly after they were drilled.

You're better off with a solid rotor and a good pad from all the evidence I've seen/read

NefCanuck
andrewned,Aug 17 2008, 05:24 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]270575[/snapback][/right]

No offense man, but when it comes to brakes looks are at the bottom of the list for me. And for a lot of other guys too.

I don't give a s*** what it looks like if it's going to make my car/truck respond poorly or gives it a higher chance of FAIL at a critical moment.

I've done things purely for show on my cars before, but brakes are not something where I'd be more concerned about looks than performance.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I didn't know you were trying ot find out how much your SVT was worth lol...I got cross drilled and they survived afew track days but i'd never do it again.

I would think you could get $7-9k for your car depending on condition, its got low km's. Something that would make it sell better is take off all the mods, when I go to see a car and it has mods I usually steer away. People assume the car was abused when it has mods, even someone like me with a heavily modded car assumes this.

hardk0re,Aug 18 2008, 09:19 AM Wrote:Something that would make it sell better is take off all the mods, when I go to see a car and it has mods I usually steer away.  People assume the car was abused when it has mods, even someone like me with a heavily modded car assumes this.
[right][snapback]270616[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for advice!
As this car is almost not modded it should be very easy.
So gluing holes in the brake disks will do ? :)
Quote:The problem is that cross drilled rotors do look nice but unless it was done right, the cross drilled rotor is prone to cracking when exposed to extreme use (IE: track days) and even have serious rust issues without any track time if the rotors weren't treated properly after they were drilled.

You're better off with a solid rotor and a good pad from all the evidence I've seen/read

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]270611[/snapback][/right]
Hmm, they've been the best and most expensive rotors i could get here. I had new solid ones installed before and they've been crappy enough as one started vibrating just in a few month, they also felt much lighter. Therese ones are rock solid so far.
Will not waste money next time then :(
andrewned,Aug 18 2008, 11:35 AM Wrote:
Quote:The problem is that cross drilled rotors do look nice but unless it was done right, the cross drilled rotor is prone to cracking when exposed to extreme use (IE: track days) and even have serious rust issues without any track time if the rotors weren't treated properly after they were drilled.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]270611[/snapback][/right]
Hmm, they've been the best and most expensive rotors i could get here. I had new solid ones installed before and they've been crappy enough as one started vibrating just in a few month, they also felt much lighter. Therese ones are rock solid so far.
Will not waste money next time then :(
[right][snapback]270627[/snapback][/right]

I think the generalization is a bit too broad ... as Daniel implies, if not done right the cross-drilling can compromise the integrity of the disc ... but if you've got a reputable brand like Brembo, you've got nothing to worry about and in fact a lot of people would consider it a bonus.

If, on the other hand, you bought them off ebay and you really don't know anything about who manufactured them, it really doesn't matter how much you paid - there are guys out there purchasing the cheapest rotors they can find in China (and there are plenty) who then drill and coat them and sell them for big bucks ... and the drilling could make a marginal rotor even worse.

If I was considering buying your car, I'd want to know for sure what brand those cross-drilled rotors were; otherwise I'd deduct a few hundred bucks for the brake job I'd do immediately after buying it.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
if your thinking about parting out the intake and throttle body, let me know I've been looking for a used one for awhile.
'03 Focus SVT
Quote:If I was considering buying your car, I'd want to know for sure what brand those cross-drilled rotors were; otherwise I'd deduct a few hundred bucks for the brake job I'd do immediately after buying it.

I've bought them from the part dealer my mechanic uses for thousand years. They are made in Canada and I think we have only one manufacturer who does them. Will have to look for a name but I'm sure that serious guys know is:)