Yes or no??

Does someone have one here??

Good or bad?

2000 Ford Focus Roush Turbo & 2004 Focus sedan
A few people have em here.

Why do you need another truck?
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
depends on the year your looking into.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Flofocus,Jul 28 2008, 03:36 PM Wrote:A few people have em here.

Why do you need another truck?
[right][snapback]269514[/snapback][/right]

I want to get rid of my car...And I don't want to buy a Full Size truck or other car...So...The Escape has almost both world. And I have a 85lbs German Shepherd and a boat and maybe getting two seadoos probably next year so...The Focus won't tow that. :lol:

Frost__2001 Posted Today, 04:41 PM Wrote:  depends on the year your looking into.

I would probably get a 2009 with the six speed auto tranny.
2000 Ford Focus Roush Turbo & 2004 Focus sedan
I've got an 08', got it with the v-6 engine,no problems with it, like it alot. (you can tell I don't write automobile reviews lol!)
focusonthis_88,Jul 28 2008, 03:23 PM Wrote:Yes or no??

Does someone have one here??

Good or bad?
[right][snapback]269513[/snapback][/right]

Great car, NOT fuel efficent unless you get the hybrid or 4cyl. The 6 speed trans may help this a little.

However over 4.5 years very little issues. Only issue was a leaking rear diff seal at 4 year mark.

Nos has one, likes it. But I know deep down inside, he wants a turbo focus. :lol:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
got an 04, love it. I like the fact i have 4WD switch :) this future was taken out in +05 models.

As for gas millage, its ok its same as my Freestyle. both have the same V6 engine. The freestyle has the CVT which is a bit better on gas.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

I have a USDM 2008 Escape Limited with the V6 and automatic 4WD.

I'm really quite pleased with it, and although I don't have the extra 30-40HP the 2009 is getting, for trailering I'd rather have the 4-speed automatic. No, I don't have my new hitch yet but soon, soon... :P

It's actually not bad on gas, you get just over 50L of usable gas tank space and at highway speeds around 90 KM/H you're getting about 9L/100KMs . At 100 KM/H you're getting about 9.5L/100KMs. I average about 11L/100KMs around town.

There's a ton of cargo space inside and with the seats up our 100ish lb dog fits in the rear cargo area with room to move around, lie down, etc. With the seats down it's a small warehouse.

The steering takes some getting used to, because it's somewhat overboosted at times AND it's electric, not hydraulic steering. Car mags have been slagging the apparent reversion to disc/drum brakes but I've never felt unsafe in the truck and I've made a couple of panic stops / slowdowns without any drama or even ABS kicking in.

And as far as the 4WD goes, I crawled it over two very large curbs this morning after dropping the G/F off at work. Damn you Kev for telling me how easy it does that! :P It has about 9" of ground clearance and the takeup for 4WD is invisible and instantaneous.

Faults? The transmission's lockup schedule could easily be lowered by 10 KM/H in 3rd and 4th for greater city fuel economy - something I plan on rectifying myself with a SCT SF3 flasher from the sponsor at escape-central.com.

Visibility is great but there's a bit of wind whistle above 80 HM/H from the rain gutters (by the sound of things). Tire thrum above 70 KM/H with the stock Contis is omnipresent but easy to drown out with the factory deck. It's impossible to chirp the tires but who cares? It winds up and leaves and pulls hard to.... ahem, the limiter. Which limiter? I'm not saying. :ph34r:

2nd gear is quite tall for some reason, 3rd is only good for medium-rate passing efforts on the highway but 4th lets you loaf along nice and effortlessly. However, the engine note from the Duratec 30 is enough that you won't mind grabbing 2nd at 90ish and passing in a hurry. And believe me, for a little truck, passing at that speed in 2nd gets you illegal and then some quickly.

I have ZERO regrets in buying the Escape. It's four-seasons capable, it's roomy, it corners pretty damn flat and it's not bad on gas. And, I can romp out of steep driveways without the fear of peeling my front chin spoiler off (a constant worry in the RX-8).

I think you'll enjoy it if you buy it. My boss is looking at a 4-cyl 4WD one to replace their Equinox as their lease is up and they want some fuel savings for around town as their other truck is a Nissan Xterra.

Fuel economy update - 40% highway and 60% city equals 50L for 500KMs combined. 10L / 100KMs average - not bad eh?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I have an Escape now too...except I chose to buy a 2nd gen one (as I don't like the cosmetics of the new ones...sorry adam! lol!)...

I traded my Stang for an 06 4WD V6 Limited. It's Silverbirch on Black, has leathers, power everything, the reverse proximity sensors (which I actually like a lot), sunroof, tow package, heated seats, MACH 300 Stereo (sounds absolutely awesome for stock), 4-wheel disc brakes with ABS, rear wiper/washer, heated mirrors, the works...

I will concurr that the roof racks and their mounting rails do make some wind resistance noise above 100 kms/hr (gonna take them off after I move, and see if that makes any difference), and that the stock Continentals are rather quite noisy. The stock tires (mine came new ones) are grippy in dry conditions, but suck in the rain under hard braking or cornering (I'm going to fix this with a set of Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's). The steering is fast, light, and nicely weighted on the highway, and lots of boost for parking lot manuevering. These trucks are easy to point and shoot into small spaces, or make fast lane changes, which it does a lot easier and accurately than full-sized SUV's.

the 05-07 Limited Models had upgrades from the 1st gen models (01-04), like standard 4-wheel discs (instead of front disc, rear drum), larger anti-sway bars, stiffer struts and springs, full-time 4wd (though it would have been nice to be able to adjust it), etc.

The first day I got it, I had to drive offroad by the Lebreton flats to park at Ottawa Bluesfest (went to see Theory of a deadman and Great Big Sea), and I had to drive offroad to get out of the parking area too (drove uphill and over bumps, field grass, gravel, gullies, etc), with 3 other passengers in the truck. I couldn't do any of those things with the Stang.

It seats 5, has a roomy interior, fantastic brakes, great steering reflexes, decent acceleration for what it is, and also yields pretty good fuel economy (though it suffers pretty bad with the A/C on for long periods of time).

The Escape was my #1 choice for small SUV's, and I think it is for many other people too, as it's the best selling truck in it's class in North America right now...

I just need to customize mine a little to set it apart from the other ones on the road...Likely going to do an HID conversion to the headlights and fogs, change the tires, and perhaps the tailights too...

L8tz
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Did my 1st mod/upgrade to the truck yesterday...switched it to 5W20 Full Synthetic Motorcraft engine oil. Up next, put in either a K&N Panel Filter, or find an altenate intake to replace the stock one. I think there is one made by AirRaid (however their name is spelt), which is a Conical filter and sheild that are meant to connect to the MAF...

Just switching to the Synthetic oil made a difference already...the engine is peppier, and it feels like it pulls stronger/harder from 3500 to 5000 rpm when accelerating to merge onto the 417...going to see if the fuel economy improves too (it did in the Focus, and then the Stang when I switched them).

L8tz
I'm doing that "mod" the week after next as well, bud. You went Motorcraft eh? What did you pay for the oil?

Go with Silverstars if you wanna save some coin - the difference is noticeable and I think I'll pass on a HID upgrade.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Y the HID's are cheap go to ebay find a store called HID Xenon Kingdom. Great products and very wide choice in colour styles and LED's too.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Scorcher000,Aug 10 2008, 06:43 PM Wrote:Y the HID's are cheap go to ebay find a store called HID Xenon Kingdom. Great products and very wide choice in colour styles and LED's too.
[right][snapback]270201[/snapback][/right]

If they're not full conversions, they're dangerous. Unfocused HIDs can blind other drivers quite easily. Putting them in a reflecting halogen enclosure doesn't do them justice.

The oil was regular price (after tax, it was like $64.00, or something like that), but the oilchanges on it are free for the next year or a certain mileage...one of the perks of buying an SUV from Campbell Ford during a summer with record gas prices...lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ford Escape focuspilot23 6 1,931 12-15-2006, 08:35 AM
Last Post: focuspilot23
  What Do You Think About Ford Escape? mo_focus 20 5,021 09-28-2006, 11:49 PM
Last Post: hardk0re