Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So The Focus Is Paid Off..
So the car was paid off in full yesterday. Thank the gods! Feels nice not to be a slave to Ford Credit anymore! Now I just have to pay back the bank of Mom & Dad, but on the plus side, there is no interest, and don't have to have them calling for a late payment. Quite understanding since I'm not working and all that jazz.

So that was good!

Now the bad:
2 flat tires -- roofing nails in my passenger side tires. Roofers did a sloppy job cleaning up the mess they made down the street. No sign out front, but I'm going to talk to the neighbor and get the number of the company. I kept said "evidence" but who knows if I can get reimbursed for the patch/plug job I had done on them.

Broken bolt on the CAI... part that attaches to the frame. CAI was pretty much hanging from the rubber sleeve on the throttle body. YAY! Has 2 threaded ends and rubber bumper in the middle. Couldn't find anything resembling a replacement. Rigged something together for $5 at Parts Source.

NOW hopefully they send me a clean title, and not one with a lien still showing, or I have to get a letter from them and get a new title from the New York DMV.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
Congrats dude. Sucks about the nails though. Ford Credit was pissed that it was paid off and planted the nails on the street because they are not making megabucks on your interest payments anymore. I bet that is what happened.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Focus man, Focus.,Jul 18 2008, 12:01 PM Wrote:Congrats dude.  Sucks about the nails though.  Ford Credit was pissed that it was paid off and planted the nails on the street because they are not making megabucks on your interest payments anymore.  I bet that is what happened.
[right][snapback]268984[/snapback][/right]
LMAO, I gotta pay mine off next year think they mess with me too. Though now I can keep and eye out for those crafty roofers lol. :blink:
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

this is why I like the company I bought my tires from, they give me free tire repairs and rotations.
werd dude that sucks hairy donkey balls
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]