Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardwired Gps Photos
Anyone did a hardwire GPS to their ford focus? if so can we see some phtoos, so we can get some ideas.

My other ride is your Mom
i don't have but i do not recommend hardwire portable gps..
because when ppl see your gps through window, they will most likely to break in and steal your gps..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
I made a custom mount on my dash out of sheet metal connecting it to the Speedo Bezel but it isn't hardwired. I never taken it out and it has been there for 2 years. Although it isn't anything fancy or big. Plus my deck is more expensive than the GPS and that is always in there as well.

[Image: IMG_2023.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2022.jpg]
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
When I mentioned hardwired, I was referring to more or so the power wire placed in a inconspicuous area, where you do not need to plug in the cigarette lighter anymore, but that does not stop the owner from unplugging the little usb plug on the back of the gps, and removing it from the mounting bracket when you leave the car unattended.

I also want to see people mount it in different places like in the headlighner or in the dash somewhere or what not.. just wanna see what creative ways people have done with theirs. btw, nice pics focus, man focus.
Thanks Paolo. The only reason I did not hardwire it is so I can transfer it to another vehicle just in case I need to. And I have needed to.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
im conteplating on buying a Garmin hardwire power cord, its only 14 bucks CDN, and i wwant to hard wire that to the fuse box, so it shuts off when the car turns off. but keep my origional power cord for when i take my GPS into someone elses car, such as another family member, the GF, or friends, etc.

I am picking up a spare garmin window suction cup for $10 bucks too.

paolo,Feb 14 2010, 02:12 PM Wrote:im conteplating on buying a Garmin hardwire power cord, its only 14 bucks CDN,  and i wwant to hard wire that to the fuse box, so it shuts off when the car turns off.  but keep my origional power cord for when i take my GPS into someone elses car, such as another family member, the GF, or friends, etc.

[right][snapback]301402[/snapback][/right]
I have the same goal in mind for my car, but I'm thinking of a slightly more ghetto and cheaper solution ... I'll be hardwiring one of those three-hole cigarette lighter extensions under the dash - it will have the look of being hardwired, but also with the easy option of removing whatever is plugged into it.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
ZTWsquared,Feb 14 2010, 07:00 PM Wrote:
paolo,Feb 14 2010, 02:12 PM Wrote:im conteplating on buying a Garmin hardwire power cord, its only 14 bucks CDN,  and i wwant to hard wire that to the fuse box, so it shuts off when the car turns off.  but keep my origional power cord for when i take my GPS into someone elses car, such as another family member, the GF, or friends, etc.

[right][snapback]301402[/snapback][/right]
I have the same goal in mind for my car, but I'm thinking of a slightly more ghetto and cheaper solution ... I'll be hardwiring one of those three-hole cigarette lighter extensions under the dash - it will have the look of being hardwired, but also with the easy option of removing whatever is plugged into it.
[right][snapback]301405[/snapback][/right]

+1
In Europe FORD is pronounced "\kwa-le-te\"

2008 f250 6.4 powerstroke/twin turbo/crew cab/XLT/4x4 Edge programmer, Cat and Dpf delete, mbrp exhaust. 650hp 850ft/tq.....
2002 red SVT sport'in European Appearance package rims, AEM cai, #4111 of 4788, ranger 12v plug cover, 4500k HID HI/LO, eibach springs, H&R 15mm wheel spacers. sold Sad
2000 yellow zx3 sold
1994 mazda mx3 sold
1992 ford festiva (RIP)
i recently did this with an XM Onyx radio

I pulled apart the cigaretter lighter plug and pulled out the IC board (this thing was a transformer, 12V in, 5V out) and disconnected the metal clips/spring

I then soldered some wire to the negative and postive terminals and then spliced/soldered these wires to the back of the cigarette lighter. i then put the ic board back into the casing and taped it up with electrical tape Tongue

I ran the wires up through the dash and out via the vent. used the vent mounts to mount the radio. So, all wires are now hidden and behind the dash.

I was concerned about draining the battery, but this XM radio has an on/off switch Big Grin
Now rockin a 06 ZX5 SES