Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annual Camping Trip - (june 20 - 22nd)
Dang, work just cancelled our overtime for saturday.. if i would have known this a week ago i could have come
Interior
Jvc headunit, , Kicker Zx 1000.1, 2 12" Kicker comp VR, Diamond plate floor mats

Power mods
FRPP spark plug wires, Volant CAI
tippmann,Jun 19 2008, 09:36 PM Wrote:Dang, work just cancelled our overtime for saturday.. if i would have known this a week ago i could have come
[right][snapback]267417[/snapback][/right]

There is still time. Come up Saturday morning.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
heading out soon. I have FRS radios.. will keep mine on channel 11 at the site.

see you guys there!
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

The car is mostly packed. Just waiting on getting out of work. Doubt I will be out of here before 4pm. Then I go home, get the wife and food and head north. My parents are just north of Huntsville and they said its supposed to rain off and on all weekend. That being the case, if it gets to bad we are going to bail and stay in a beautiful cottage while you guys get soaked.

Oh BTW, the mosquitos are the worst this year than they have been in about 20 years acording to the locals. Don't forget to pack the "Off".

See you tonight.

Well we got home a couple hours ago, but not without incident.

First let me say the bugs were non existant for me, I had my wife as bait and it worked like a charm. LOL. The weather was ok except for the Thunder storm Sat. night/Sun morning. I didn't hear it but everyome woke up a little bit wet. Matt slept in his car for half the night. We stayed around till about noon today and by that time the sun was out and the camping gear had dried for the most part.

We headed from the camp ground into Huntsville to meet up with my Parents for lunch at Kelseys. Not before having a shower of course. Let me say that the showers at Pog Lake are outstanding!!!! Lots of hot water and very clean.

So lets jump ahead to our drive from Huntsville to Scarborough. We are headed South on HWY 11 and of course we had the music up and the windows down, enjoying our ride when all of a sudden I start feeling a slight vibration. Nothing to worry about I will check it out at the next stop. We continue, but the vibration is getting worse and worse, and its coming from the back end. So I quickly pull into the first gas station I could find. Quickly look under the car to make sure nothing was dragging, nothing was. I get out to inspect the wheels and thats when I found 2 broken wheel studs on my left rear wheel. Lets just say it was about to come completely off. Got out the jack, lifted the car and tightened the 2 remaining nuts and very gingerly made my way home on the back roads.

Well it looks as if the tire shop either didn't tighten up the nuts or drasticly over tightened them. Lets just say that they are getting a big piece of my mind tomorrow. I am just finished up unpacking the car and about to take a couple pic's of the damage. I think the seats for the wheel nuts are now oval and possibily need to have the rim replaced. What a mess.

One bonus is we spotted a Moose on the side of highway 60 and we able to get a couple great pictures.

After all was said and done, the wife and I had a great weekend. Sorry we didn't hang with the group but we needed the time to relax away from everything.

Pic's to follow.

Focus man, Focus.,Jun 22 2008, 07:04 PM Wrote:Well we got home a couple hours ago, but not without incident. 

First let me say the bugs were non existant for me, I had my wife as bait and it worked like a charm.  LOL.  The weather was ok except for the Thunder storm Sat. night/Sun morning.  I didn't hear it but everyome woke up a little bit wet.  Matt slept in his car for half the night.  We stayed around till about noon today and by that time the sun was out and the camping gear had dried for the most part. 

We headed from the camp ground into Huntsville to meet up with my Parents for lunch at Kelseys.  Not before having a shower of course.  Let me say that the showers at Pog Lake are outstanding!!!!  Lots of hot water and very clean.

So lets jump ahead to our drive from Huntsville to Scarborough.  We are headed South on HWY 11 and of course we had the music up and the windows down, enjoying our ride when all of a sudden I start feeling a slight vibration.  Nothing to worry about I will check it out at the next stop.  We continue, but the vibration is getting worse and worse, and its coming from the back end.  So I quickly pull into the first gas station I could find.  Quickly look under the car to make sure nothing was dragging, nothing was.  I get out to inspect the wheels and thats when I found 2 broken wheel studs on my left rear wheel.  Lets just say it was about to come completely off.  Got out the jack, lifted the car and tightened the 2 remaining nuts and very gingerly made my way home on the back roads. 

Well it looks as if the tire shop either didn't tighten up the nuts or drasticly over tightened them.  Lets just say that they are getting a big piece of my mind tomorrow.  I am just finished up unpacking the car and about to take a couple pic's of the damage.  I think the seats for the wheel nuts are now oval and possibily need to have the rim replaced.  What a mess. 

One bonus is we spotted a Moose on the side of highway 60 and we able to get a couple great pictures.

After all was said and done, the wife and I had a great weekend.  Sorry we didn't hang with the group but we needed the time to relax away from everything. 

Pic's to follow.
[right][snapback]267563[/snapback][/right]

Dude good to hear that u had fun but holly crap man its really good to hear ur not in a body bag right now lol. If you need a spear wheel let me know I'll hook you up. Also the torque specs on the 04 and older are 100 FT and the 05 new are 94 FT if they give you s*** tell them you go to the ministry of transportation on them and i got the business cards for my buddies shop too for the rims and tires if you or anyone else reading this needs them message me, I'll send u the location. PS he has a set just like mine but a very nice clearcoat silver $120 each.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Well here are some shots of the weekend, and the wheel.

[Image: IMG_1652.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1635.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1619.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1618.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1608.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1605.jpg]

And now for the damage.....

[Image: IMG_1659.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1658.jpg]

And the moose on the side of Hwy 60.

[Image: IMG_1648.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1649.jpg]

Glad to hear that you had a good time camping but jesus... that tire shop nearly killed you! :ph34r:

From the pic I'd say they overtightened the bolts, no other way to explain that... and if they give you the &quot;studs were old and rusted &amp; gonna go&quot; crap then you throw in their face why they didn't warn you when they were changing the tires?

NefCanuck
Best kamping trip so far I am afraid to say to those who kancelled:

My Webpage
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
So did you guys hear about the guy that drowned up there this weekend i believe he was canoeing dropped his paddle went in for it and never came back up. i know its a big place but there must have been a lil caos where u guys were
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
i was up by Hunstville but never heard anything....and i had a great time too
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Well its about 2000km^2 but could have explained the air ambulance we saw flying over Saturday PM while on the trail*. I had originally thought they were coming to get Oscar! :lol:

If he was back country canoeing he was probably well north of us on the other side of Hwy 60 so we wouldn't have noticed or heard a thing.

*pic of the helo is in the album I posted
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Yeah if he was in the backcountry, away from the highway... you can literally be anywhere back there and they'd have a hell of a time finding you if they don't have a general idea of where to start looking.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Would have been nice to catch a ride in a heli at the time.

Great trip. Steve was a great host (and a hell of a guy while I slowed us to a turtle's pace on the mountain).

Good to see some of the crew there. Would have loved to see a bigger turnout than last year, but we still had a hell of a time.

Looking forward to next year. Next time I'll bring hiking boots. :rolleyes:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
had a great time everyone -- thanks to everyone who came out!

I've never seen a saturday night crew turn in so early -- guess 5 hours in the bush will do that to anyone :P

btw.. the centenial ridges trail we did in 5 hours was about 365 meters of climbing and descending. And with all the rain, most of the up/down trails were streams.

my quickest climb was at a brisk 18 meters/minute. the fastest descent was 15m/min...

I've done that hike in 3.5 hours in the dry, but not sure we could have gone much faster that day...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Jun 24 2008, 10:37 AM Wrote:had a great time everyone -- thanks to everyone who came out!

I've never seen a saturday night crew turn in so early -- guess 5 hours in the bush will do that to anyone :P

btw.. the centenial ridges trail we did in 5 hours was about 365 meters of climbing and descending.&nbsp; And with all the rain, most of the up/down trails were streams.&nbsp;

my quickest climb was at a brisk 18 meters/minute.&nbsp; the fastest descent was 15m/min...

I've done that hike in 3.5 hours in the dry, but not sure we could have gone much faster that day...
[right][snapback]267703[/snapback][/right]

Damn Steve. You and your Go Go Gadget Watch! Showoff... :lol:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
HA go go gadget watch I was wondering how he calcualted the facts
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Massiv Monday June 22nd Focus man. Focus. 24 7,299 06-24-2009, 01:03 AM
Last Post: marcazoid
  Annual Fc Camping Trip darkpuppet 108 41,252 06-23-2009, 10:29 PM
Last Post: 2001 ZTS
  Meeting Places And Times For Camping Trip! ANTHONYD 40 9,160 06-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Last Post: darkpuppet
  The &quot;official&quot; 2007 Fc Camping Trip Thread. ANTHONYD 172 70,948 06-08-2007, 06:52 AM
Last Post: Burnin21
  2007 Fc Camping Trip (pog Lake Algonquin) ANTHONYD 78 33,415 03-14-2007, 05:54 AM
Last Post: meford4u
  Fc Camping Trip 2006 *4 Days To Go* 2001 ZTS 146 72,400 07-26-2006, 03:16 AM
Last Post: ANTHONYD
  ***camping Trip Convoy***attendees Only. ANTHONYD 25 5,865 06-10-2006, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Drivesthebeast
  Camping June 10-12 (for Attendees Only) darkpuppet 62 31,157 06-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Last Post: Raine