Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hockey Night In Canada Theme Finds New Home
Just when you think the Mother Corpse couldn't get any more screwed up they prove they can...

CBC loses rights to the Hocket Night In Canada theme song

NefCanuck
Its funny when this first came out, it was just shortly after TSN got the rights to Wednesday nite hockey games and I thought to myself maybe Wed nite will become the new Sat nite. Looks like i may not have been far from the truth.

Without the song they migh as well just blow the whole show up and start again, and I'd start with Cherry. Let Kelly Hrudey have Cherry's air time.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Bah, Hrudey is just a polite yes man....

Listening to Cherry nearly take MacLean's head off is the highlight of my Saturday night :D

NefCanuck
I'm happy someone at the CBC didn't think it was worth the taxpayers money to pay $3M for a poorly orchestrated tune.

Will I still watch the Leafs lose on Saturday night? Of course!..........Now that is tradition.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
ya like they spend our tax money on better stuff now LOL
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
DD1,Jun 10 2008, 07:13 AM Wrote:ya like they spend our tax money on better stuff now LOL
[right][snapback]266372[/snapback][/right]
They do. Radio3 and all the podcasts CBC offers now. I absolutely love them for it. I never listen to the radio but I listen to the podcast versions, because I can listen when I want.

List of CBC podcasts I listen to:
- CBC News: World at Six
- CBC Radio 2: Canada Live
- CBC Radio 3: New Music Canada Track of the Day
- CBC Radio 3: Podcast with Grant Lawrence (falling behind on this one)
- CBC Radio 3: R3-30
- CBC Radio 3: R3TV
- CBC Radio: Quicks & Quarks
- CBC Radio: The Best of As It Happens
- CBC Radio: Vinyl Cafe Stories
- Mansbridge One on One
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
DD1,Jun 10 2008, 06:13 AM Wrote:ya like they spend our tax money on better stuff now LOL

That's a matter of opinion, which I respect but it still hurts to see greed outweigh any sort of tradition...

Hope the composer (who migrated to England years ago now) enjoys her pile of cashola as her composition gets screwed over by CTV, who have a wonderful habit over screwing up anything they get their grubby mitts on in the name of the almighty $.

NefCanuck
Very sad to see the HNIC song to be whored out. :(

However, on a good note, CBC will probably approach Stompin Tom for his Hockey Song.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
should privatize the CBC.
'03 Focus SVT
Oscar The Grouch,Jun 10 2008, 11:51 AM Wrote:However, on a good note, CBC will probably approach Stompin Tom for his Hockey Song.
[right][snapback]266422[/snapback][/right]

Stompin Tom already approached the CBC and offered the song.

Hockey Nite in Canada on TSN, snatching the song up was a shrewd business move.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

NefCanuck,Jun 10 2008, 12:25 PM Wrote:
DD1,Jun 10 2008, 06:13 AM Wrote:ya like they spend our tax money on better stuff now LOL
screwed over by CTV, who have a wonderful habit over screwing up anything they get their grubby mitts on in the name of the almighty $.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]266416[/snapback][/right]
I agree. When they bought out the Discovery Channel, I pretty much stopped watching entirely. They ruined everything. (Bell owns them, and bought the Discovery Channel? I think there's a connection anyway).
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canada Hockey COCHYN 38 11,962 03-04-2010, 08:28 AM
Last Post: COCHYN
  Canada Hockey - Olympics COCHYN 50 17,493 02-24-2010, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Flofocus
  Lousy Way To Come Home Saturday Night NefCanuck 19 4,252 05-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Last Post: bluetoy
  Cbc Loses Rights To Hockey Night In Canada. ANTHONYD 13 3,834 10-29-2006, 05:44 AM
Last Post: Aka