Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ready To Blow It Up
Car is running like crap, that evil light showed up again last night. I'm ready to throw a few sticks of dynamite in it ( while I'm not in it ) B) and walk to work. Anybody willing to do a OBD 2 read on my Focus?
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
if u come to the meet today i will.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
Spinal,Jun 2 2008, 07:12 AM Wrote:if u come to the meet today i will.
[right][snapback]265687[/snapback][/right]
I appreciate the offer, but, I work two jobs, one in T.O. days, one in Bowmanville, evenings, don't get finished until 10:00 p.m.
K&N Filter.....
well i finish work at 430 during the week, 12 on fridays, im at the scarb gen hosp so if you pass by there it'll work out alright.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
I am picking up my buddies ODBII reader tonight, so i can do a read on my neighbors BMW. So if you want i can get your code read too.

I was wondering if it came back on after we cleaned the MAF

let me know when is good for you, i'm still off work so any time is good with me
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
SL8RZZX3,Jun 2 2008, 10:18 AM Wrote:I am picking up my buddies ODBII reader tonight, so i can do a read on my neighbors BMW. So if you want i can get your code read too.

let me know when is good for you, i'm still off work so any time is good with me
[right][snapback]265701[/snapback][/right]
Yeah, it's doing the same things, although it did run well for the week. I'm thinking it might either be a dirty TPS, or if worse comes to worse, a DPFE, because I've never had to replace it. Do you mean to tell me that BMWs have things go wrong with them? :lol: How is tomorrow, Tuesday, between 3:45 to 4:00 p.m.?
K&N Filter.....
oldeguy,Jun 2 2008, 09:35 AM Wrote:
SL8RZZX3,Jun 2 2008, 10:18 AM Wrote:I am picking up my buddies ODBII reader tonight, so i can do a read on my neighbors BMW. So if you want i can get your code read too.

[right][snapback]265701[/snapback][/right]
Yeah, it's doing the same things, although it did run well for the week. I'm thinking it might either be a dirty TPS, or if worse comes to worse, a DPFE, because I've never had to replace it. Do you mean to tell me that BMWs have things go wrong with them? :lol: How is tomorrow, Tuesday, between 3:45 to 4:00 p.m.?
[right][snapback]265705[/snapback][/right]

I should be able to manage that, i have physio at 2:30. I should be able to make it home for 3:45
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
just FYI guys.. a super cheapo OBDII code reader can be had for around $25 if you wait for a sale. even the cheapest unit can pull the code and clear it
naz,Jun 2 2008, 12:28 PM Wrote:just FYI guys.. a super cheapo OBDII code reader can be had for around $25 if you wait for a sale.  even the cheapest unit can pull the code and clear it
[right][snapback]265719[/snapback][/right]

Wow cheapest i've ever seen was $60 at princess auto

Just waiting for it to go on sale again :lol:
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting