Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Special Rs We Won't Get.
[Image: web01-focus-rs-wrc.jpg]

While the rest of us think "rallying", the Swiss look at their snow-capped mountains and think "skiing". That's largely because the Swiss are not known to be car people. But for every rule there's an exception.

In Switzerland those exceptions include the efforts of notable speed-freaks like Peter Sauber (of F1 fame), Frank Rinderknecht (Rinspeed) and Franco Sbarro (the flamboyant coachbuilder – not the food-court pizza guy). And we can now add Ford to that list, as the Detroit automaker's Swiss subsidiary is rolling out a special edition Focus RS to pay tribute to the 40th anniversary of the company's iconic RS division, exclusively for the Swiss market.

Although mechanically identical to the existing Focus RS – not much change needed there – the Focus RS WRC edition wears a special livery submitted and chosen through an online forum. Black and green decals overlay a white background, complimented by blacked-out 19" OZ Superturismo GT alloys, while inside, a special plaque carries the Hancocks of Ford's top rally ace Mikko Hirvonen and his co-pilot Jarmo Lehtinen.

Only 50 examples will be offered, exclusively in Switzerland at a price of 55,900 Swiss francs – equivalent to about $53k in American greenbacks and representing a 2000-franc premium over the standard Focus RS. We'll see if we can grab a closer look when we descend upon the multilingual alpine nation for the Geneva Motor Show next month, but in the meantime you can view Our Gallery

And if some of you longtime readers think that a 50-unit Focus WRC special edition sounds familiar, well, it should. Back in 2007, The Euro Oval did a similar package based on the Focus ST.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
To get good cars like that, we first need good drivers in Canada. that hasn't happened as of yet.
My other ride is your Mom
Are those wheels photoshoped?

Even if you bought it Drew you'd probably turn it into drag car :( which this vehicle wasn't made for.
Just saying...
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Nahhhh Nik I'd be lapping you on the circuit ;) and yes I do believe the wheels and possibly the graphics are rendered.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
looks to me is, done by photoshop or illustrator..
livery flows really good with body line..

and sucks for us sit in front of monitor looking at it and say "F..ing Ford North America" at least three times.. :(
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
paolo,Feb 10 2010, 12:25 PM Wrote:To get good cars like that, we first need good drivers in Canada.  that hasn't happened as of yet.
[right][snapback]301043[/snapback][/right]

Dude, you can't be this f***in stoopid can you?
Man , that's a good looking Focus ! I can't get enough of it ! ... just avoid looking at the price .
NikiterZTS,Feb 10 2010, 12:26 PM Wrote:Are those wheels photoshoped?

[right][snapback]301044[/snapback][/right]

Four-bolt rims says "yes"
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
not to mention the center of the wheels aren't in the center.