Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford Aptitude Test Done! Hope I Get An Interview!
Well as a few of you know i had an aptitude test today to get into Ford Oakville today.

It started off horrible....

Couldn't find my google map directions that i printed off, because someone else had moved them and didn't tell me where they were (or they did and i was playing COD4 and didn't listen).

Went to print off a new set of directions and that same person(s) used up all my black ink in my printer, but figured ok no big deal i'll just use my GPS. Go fill up my rental car, then enter the address. No listing found. GREAT!

Find out it's right beside the Holiday inn, type in that, and i'm rolling! SWEET!!

I now have 2 hours to make an hour and 20 min trip! No problem! And i'll have time to get some food before i get there! WRONG!

I get as far as Whites rd. in Pickering, and i have a light come on!! Tire pressure is low? great! i finally get off the 401 and go to get some air in the tire. NOPE it does want to hold any. So i call and borrow a car ( my Mom's zx5) and get down there just in time. B)

4 1/2 hours of tests, i feel i did pretty good. i know i bombed the math test, but who needs to know that stuff? Like stuff i haven't done since high school, and they let us use calculators back then!!

So i've got my fingers crossed!! And hope i make it to the Interview round!!

Any one else going for the aptitude tests this week? There was 230 people in our group, and i think they are doing 2 a day all week!!
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Son went Monday. I'm surprised you didn't see Torradan. He wrote today.

Best of luck getting in.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
hope you get it, i never got any response from ford =/
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
I never got a response either i guess they want old guys lol good luck non the less
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Yep I was there. Man I KNOW I blew the division part of the math.. I haven't done long division in forever. The rest of it was cake though. The parts tests were pretty fun and I completed them all. The last one with the codes I didn't complete though. Oh well.

The rest of it was cake. I still can't figure out that first test we did with that board. I felt like a monkey in a zoo putting pegs in a hole.

Crossing my fingers I get called for an interview.

Saw an ST with an exhaust (at least it sounded like an aftermarket) on it pulling out as I was getting to my car.. Black with SAP on the front end. Didn't see anything else.

I was there, all overdressed for the occasion.. blue dress shirt, navy pants. heh. tall and skinny. Sitting on the right side as you are facing the "stage".
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
Spinal,May 20 2008, 09:51 PM Wrote:hope you get it, i never got any response from ford =/
[right][snapback]264743[/snapback][/right]
They only hired upper executives sons and daughters for summer students from what I have seen and heard at work. A total farce.

meford4u,May 21 2008, 01:52 PM Wrote:
Spinal,May 20 2008, 09:51 PM Wrote:hope you get it, i never got any response from ford =/
They only hired upper executives sons and daughters for summer students from what I have seen and heard at work. A total farce.
[right][snapback]264780[/snapback][/right]

Nepotism is in every industry it seems...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

meford4u,May 21 2008, 01:52 PM Wrote:

pretty sure its like that everwhere. When we got our summer student, I flat out asked her which department her mom worked in.

"Customer care" was her answer. :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
ZX3_2NV,May 21 2008, 09:11 AM Wrote:I never got a response either i guess they want old guys lol good luck non the less
[right][snapback]264756[/snapback][/right]

LOL who you calling old? And i think they were looking for people with automotive assebly experience? which i have 10 years of...

Torradan - what time were you there? i was there in the afternoon

And that peg board thing was weird, but i got 114 out if 130. Would have been better if they used real bolts instead of those plastic ones, they had no weight to them which made it harder for me
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Good luck Gordo and Todd!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I was there in the afternoon. I got 111 of the 130 done. Kept looking around for poo being flung around.

Thanks NOS :)

The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
The test was fun

3d Part assembly was my fav, I finished and the people beside me were still on the 2nd page.

Good luck to everyone that wrote the test and hopefully we'll be working together in the future....
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
meford4u,May 21 2008, 12:52 PM Wrote:They only hired upper executives sons and daughters for summer students from what I have seen and heard at work.  A total farce.

hey at oakville did you ever hear of a " Gus Richardson" I believe he was in the upper office???
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
D-Dub,May 21 2008, 06: Wrote:The test was fun

3d Part assembly was my fav, I finished and the people beside me were still on the 2nd page.

Good luck to everyone that wrote the test and hopefully we'll be working together in the future....
[right][snapback]264809[/snapback][/right]
God I hope not. :blink:

SL8RZZX3,May 21 2008, 12:36 PM Wrote:
ZX3_2NV,May 21 2008, 09:11 AM Wrote:I never got a response either i guess they want old guys lol good luck non the less

LOL who you calling old? And i think they were looking for people with automotive assebly experience? which i have 10 years of...

And that peg board thing was weird, but i got 114 out if 130. Would have been better if they used real bolts instead of those plastic ones, they had no weight to them which made it harder for me
[right][snapback]264793[/snapback][/right]

Im just teasing and a bit bitter for not getting a chance i guess and good luck to all in getting a good position
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

ZX3_2NV,May 22 2008, 08:02 AM Wrote:
SL8RZZX3,May 21 2008, 12:36 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]264793[/snapback][/right]

Im just teasing and a bit bitter for not getting a chance i guess and good luck to all in getting a good position
[right][snapback]264841[/snapback][/right]
They are still interviewing and calling. You may get a shot. But only if you have atleast a grade 12 education. And you provided proof of that education.

yup i did i sent a copy of my diploma atleast i ment to lol
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

meford4u,May 21 2008, 09:09 PM Wrote:
D-Dub,May 21 2008, 06: Wrote:The test was fun

[right][snapback]264809[/snapback][/right]
God I hope not. :blink:
[right][snapback]264812[/snapback][/right]

Ill make sure its not in your department...
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
D-Dub,May 23 2008, 03: Wrote:Ill make sure its not in your department...
[right][snapback]264985[/snapback][/right]

I'm just picturing your avatar working in the paint dept... :huh:
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

D-Dub,May 23 2008, 03: Wrote:Ill make sure its not in your department...
[right][snapback]264985[/snapback][/right]
Like YOU'D have a choice, junior boy.

Just start practicing saying "How high?" because you'll be needing to say it for at least 90 days. :lol:
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*