Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legal Matter
Do BMW's come with turn signals? I thought it is illegal to not have them?
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
oldeguy,May 15 2008, 06:48 AM Wrote:Do BMW's come with turn signals? I thought it is illegal to not have them?
[right][snapback]264405[/snapback][/right]

Did it have a dealer plate? Because from what I saw the other day, the dealer plate may disable the turn signals so as not to wear out the stalk before a customer takes it home

i suppose
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,May 15 2008, 09:01 AM Wrote:
oldeguy,May 15 2008, 06:48 AM Wrote:Do BMW's come with turn signals? I thought it is illegal to not have them?
[right][snapback]264405[/snapback][/right]

Did it have a dealer plate? Because from what I saw the other day, the dealer plate may disable the turn signals so as not to wear out the stalk before a customer takes it home

i suppose
[right][snapback]264410[/snapback][/right]
:rofl: No. Maybe the turn signals are part of the idrive, and nobody can figure out how to use it. :ph34r:
K&N Filter.....
New BMW's have some sweet features, so I wouldnt be surprised if its turned on the flashers automatically. :lol:

I was driving a 330I in Toronto last week, and noticed the side mirrors adjust if your backing up. pretty sweet. B)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
The problem here isn't the have mate, it's the use :P

I see these idiots weaving in and out of traffic sans signals and all I can think of is "What? Do you think not signalling makes you invisible or something?" :ph34r:

NefCanuck
i get that this is a 'rhetorical' question.. but

yes new 3 series has the usual front and rear turn signals plus sidemarkers in the front fender and its controlled by the left stalk on the steering column

i think it is possible if the car was driven while still in 'transportation' mode many things could be deactivated.. but i highly doubt any dealer would let the car off the lot without switching it out of that mode

i think the likelier explanation is the driver was a douchebag

flo.. not all new bmws have that passenger mirror tilt down.. mine does not :)
my srt8 has back up mirror and comes with a flag person to aid in teh driving
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
:lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
[Image: gal_backup_cam.jpg]

i saw this type of backup camera used in my friend's infiniti M35 (the pic is from a MB.. but you get the idea). i has lines that show where the car will go based on your steering wheel position

IHMO this is the best parking assist (sort of having a flagger helping you out)

The Fusion has the "beeper" type rear park assist. It may be crude compared to an actual camera but its saved me a few times, given how poor the rear view actually is :blink:

NefCanuck
naz,May 15 2008, 05:56 PM Wrote:i get that this is a 'rhetorical' question.. but

yes new 3 series has the usual front and rear turn signals plus sidemarkers in the front fender and its controlled by the left stalk on the steering column

i think it is possible if the car was driven while still in 'transportation' mode many things could be deactivated.. but i highly doubt any dealer would let the car off the lot without switching it out of that mode

[right][snapback]264450[/snapback][/right]
Although, it may be a bit unscientific, but it seems that most BMW's that I have had the "pleasure" of being on the road, at the same time, don't have drivers that know how to use the turn signal indicators, at least in my part of Ontario.
K&N Filter.....
oldeguy,May 16 2008, 10:56 AM Wrote:
naz,May 15 2008, 05:56 PM Wrote:i get that this is a 'rhetorical' question.. but

[right][snapback]264450[/snapback][/right]
Although, it may be a bit unscientific, but it seems that most BMW's that I have had the "pleasure" of being on the road, at the same time, don't have drivers that know how to use the turn signal indicators, at least in my part of Ontario.
[right][snapback]264476[/snapback][/right]

i'm totally with you on that. You can also ad the fact they never say thank you when you let them cut in infront of you. They get the idea bc they have a bimmer they are far better then anyone else i guess. I've noticed MB drivers are not like that, ohh well.

"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

I so wanted to post this lastnight...

I'm starting to think that Audi A4 owners (mostly the stock 2.0T) have a thing against mustang owners.

Every a4 cabriolet I come by tries to race me.

So another jackhole pulls up beside me lastnight (yes, I had the top down, because I'm really trying to enjoy some of clear skies).. and starts with me at a light.

Audi Owner: "Hey buddy, nice car, let's race!"

Me: wtf?! did he just challenge me to a race?
"yeah, nice car, take it to the track... btw.. you realize you're driving a convertible"

Audi Driver: "F*** you man... I'll kick your ass"

Me: "dood... I have 10 more horsepower and 30 more torque, and 200lbs less weight -- how were planning to win?"

Audi Driver: starts reving his engine.. "whatever man, let's go!"

Me: "how much you pay for that thing?"

Audi Driver: "It sells for $70k [ed: it doesn't], but I paid 55"

Me: "wow good deal.. you can get my car for 30k with the tint and stripe"

(light turns green)

Me as he pulls away: "But I don't recommend the stripes--they attract jackhole street racers!"

I don't think I'm making many friends...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

^^ That sounds like me driving around town in the Rex.

Everything imported or domestic WITH racing stripes or a WalMart exhaust / CDN Tire can special exhaust wants to race me.

The other day - some random Pontiac Grand Am coupe. Before that - random redneck Z28 (305 CID vintage at that). The other night - classic V6 Taurus SHO. The SHO I can see being "worth the race", but still...

Moral of the story: man who drive down road with morals is bound to hit a few assholes once in a while. :lol: :lol:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
mo_focus,May 16 2008, 11:15 AM Wrote:bc they have a bimmer they are far better then anyone else
[right][snapback]264477[/snapback][/right]

no sh1t.. took you long enough to figure it out

:ph34r:

EDIT: if you guys are concerned about random people trying to race you, you should purchase a 'super sleeper' wagon. ppl won't try to race you either because they don't know what it is or because they are afraid they will get smoked by a wagon

tons of boxster drivers don't bother launching hard from a light when they realize the turbo wagon next to them is getting ready to do a high rpm awd launch
naz,May 16 2008, 12:01 PM Wrote:
mo_focus,May 16 2008, 11:15 AM Wrote:bc they have a bimmer they are far better then anyone else
[right][snapback]264477[/snapback][/right]

no sh1t.. took you long enough to figure it out

:ph34r:

EDIT: if you guys are concerned about random people trying to race you, you should purchase a 'super sleeper' wagon. ppl won't try to race you either because they don't know what it is or because they are afraid they will get smoked by a wagon

tons of boxster drivers don't bother launching hard from a light when they realize the turbo wagon next to them is getting ready to do a high rpm awd launch
[right][snapback]264503[/snapback][/right]

That's why I plan on doing up my Fusion with tunes & a CAI... No one expects the "boring sedan" to be able to punk them out. Take it to the track and it's just the way I like it ;)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,May 17 2008, 04:28 AM Wrote:No one expects the "boring sedan" to be able to punk them out. 
[right][snapback]264541[/snapback][/right]

its hard to 'punk' ppl out unless the car traps like 110+ mph... that's why i never bothered to drag race my cars.. cars running low/mid 90s unfortunately are not very effective drag racing weapons
nobody wants to race me and my family car, for 2 reasons I think 1 they think it is a plain 300c which still runs low 14's or they know what it is and are scared LOL

I get alot more looks from grown up man pointing at my car as they are trying to explain it to there wife..

The best red light eVer was in toronto when I came up for a wing night and drove Nef and Meford. Meford was in teh front seat and i pulled up beside a base model 300. and a guy at the corner was telling his girlfriend the differences between the two cars. Meford rolls down the window and says" Can you see what an extra 30 grand will get ya'" Classic...........
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
DD1,May 18 2008, 12:34 PM Wrote:Meford rolls down the window and says" Can you see what an extra 30 grand will get ya'" Classic...........
[right][snapback]264590[/snapback][/right]

awesome. and ppl think BMW drivers are douches
DD1,May 18 2008, 07:34 AM Wrote:nobody wants to race me and my family car, for 2 reasons I think 1 they think it is a plain 300c which still runs low 14's or they know what it is and are scared LOL

I get alot more looks from grown up man pointing at my car as they are trying to explain it to there wife..

The best red light eVer was in toronto when I came up for a wing night and drove Nef and Meford. Meford was in teh front seat and i pulled up beside a base model 300. and a guy at the corner was telling his girlfriend the differences between the two cars. Meford rolls down the window and says" Can you see what an extra 30 grand will get ya'" Classic...........
[right][snapback]264590[/snapback][/right]

:rofl: I remember that well... I also happen to remember the ride back on the 401... lets just say that the feeling of getting shoved into backseat and glancing at the speedo was your classic :blink: reaction...

NefCanuck