Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So We Have The New Car(s) Narrowed Down.
The CX-7 is a nice beast, but optioned the way I like it it's up around $40Gs CDN. Your best bet is to find a US model if possible.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
what about the Infiniti EX? or FX?

As far as cross over utes and SUV's go, the EX and FX are personal faves.. and come well equipped too.

it's a bit more, but it's got a decent list of features too...

IE.

EX35: $40,000
297-hp V6
ATTESA E-TS AWD
5 spd A/T with manual shift mode and rev matching
Power folding second row seats (wow.. key selling feature!)...

it reads like the GTR's uncle.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

and if you buy that in the states, you save 5 grand... ROAD TRIP!
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

NOS2Go4Me,May 13 2008, 07:52 AM Wrote:The CX-7 is a nice beast, but optioned the way I like it it's up around $40Gs CDN. Your best bet is to find a US model if possible.
[right][snapback]264221[/snapback][/right]

We haven't ruled that out.
Meford I may be calling on you for a little support with this one.

I'll also mention the 5k discount on the Edge. (she'll like the sound of that)
I truly DID love the car. And so did she. She comments on them every time we pass one.
It looks so freakin' sweet in black with the 19" chrome wheels. :lol:

meford4u,May 12 2008, 09:24 PM Wrote:You'll learn how quickly the others are just the same.  A car is a car is a car.  And you taking it to the dealer numerous times won't change with any other car company.

[right][snapback]264199[/snapback][/right]

After owning a new subaru, you couldn't be more wrong. How many trips to the dealership do you think i've made? Big fat 0. Coming up to 40 000Km on the car now.

At 40 000 km on my focus, I was getting its 4th recal done. :rolleyes:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Guys I don;t want this thread to turn into a brand-bash.
I'm desperately trying to keep an open mind!

And look...

You can customize the edge too!

:lol:

[Image: Ford-Edge-by-3DCarbon-lg.jpg]
Flofocus,May 13 2008, 07:49 AM Wrote:
meford4u,May 12 2008, 09:24 PM Wrote:You'll learn how quickly the others are just the same.  A car is a car is a car.  And you taking it to the dealer numerous times won't change with any other car company.

After owning a new subaru, you couldn't be more wrong. How many trips to the dealership do you think i've made? Big fat 0. Coming up to 40 000Km on the car now.

[right][snapback]264229[/snapback][/right]

gotta say hes right. Both my parents have a subaru, great reliable car. They've only went to the dealership once each, my dad for a cd player bug, and my mom, one of her headlight. They both passed 80 000 km on them! and still runing like new!
"Tightness isn't how your car looks, it's how hard you drive it."
-Lg, track addict.
ANTHONYD,May 13 2008, 07:52 AM Wrote:Guys I don;t want this thread to turn into a brand-bash.
I'm desperately trying to keep an open mind!

Does the CUV you're looking for have to be AWD or would FWD be sufficient?
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
Flofocus,May 13 2008, 12:49 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]264229[/snapback][/right]

after a hard 86k MILES my '02 WRX had a total of 0 unschedule maintenance stops. it is a super durable car. that said.. the maintenance requirements were pretty intense and $$ (change gear oils every 15k miles with $$$ special gear oil, keep tires withing 2/32" rotating diameter, etc etc etc)
I love that Edge 3D carbon or something lip kit I would say go with an edge and stick with ford.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
naz,May 13 2008, 12:02 AM Wrote:
meford4u,May 13 2008, 01:24 AM Wrote:You'll learn how quickly the others are just the same.  A car is a car is a car.  And you taking it to the dealer numerous times won't change with any other car company.

hmm.. i'm going to have to disagree on this one.. each one of em is different.. i drive the same mountain road with every car i can get my hands on. from a $13k toyota econo box to a mega $$$ 'super car' each one of them is different.

the way it feels when you sit in it, how it sounds when you start it, the feedback thru the seat and steering.. even the 'coolness' you feel from being in the car.. different for every single vehicle
[right][snapback]264212[/snapback][/right]
I guess I should have said that a car company is the same as a car company. They are all the same. Things have changed with every car company in the last 5 years. They are paying alot more attention to consumer demand. Most of you commenting bought their Focus in the 1st year of production. Not the best time to buy a new model.
We could go on talking shop talk about how great a Sub is for reliability, but I could tell you my truck, with 265000kms has never seen the dealer. Never. We all have good and bad stories about cars.

My point? The auto manufacturers are ALL THE SAME.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
^^ Good points. Brand loyalty is conceived based on marketing and personal successes, nothing more.

I'm sure those reasons alone (but more of the second) is the driving reason I'm giving yet another car sale to Stockfish. They just flat-out bust their asses to help me out. That keeps me coming back.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
2009 Edge Sport:

[Image: ford-edge-sport-2009-704477.jpg]

[Image: ford-edge-sport-2009-726398.jpg]
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
I'd vote for the Edge Sport. AWD of course. Especially if you can get our friends to assist with a discount :D
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
WOW, THAT'S AWESOME....

I drove an 08 Limited, Black on Black with chrome 20's, and Pirelli Scorpion tires, and every option, and I thought that THAT was a wicked car/truck...that sport has that beat I think...

I like the Edge as well, it steers well, handles nicely (actually, kinda harsh with the big rims), brakes well, and the Duratec 35 with the 6spd actually pulls fairly hard...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Now THAT is an Edge I'd drive!

Weird lighting effects in that picture with the lower cladding being that lighter colour (at least I hope that's a camera lighting issue :ph34r:)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,May 14 2008, 10:04 AM Wrote:Weird lighting effects in that picture with the lower cladding being that lighter colour (at least I hope that's a camera lighting issue :ph34r:)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]264336[/snapback][/right]
Camera Issue :o
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
CanadaSVT,May 14 2008, 09:36 AM Wrote:2009 Edge Sport:

[Image: ford-edge-sport-2009-704477.jpg]

[Image: ford-edge-sport-2009-726398.jpg]
[right][snapback]264330[/snapback][/right]

That doesn't look bad, however I'm sure those rims are a 10k upgrade.

:lol:

Not to mention I'd have to buy winters for it!
:lol: Yeah that's the rub with these "Sport Appearance" packages, up here in Canada it means an extra set of rims & tires :ph34r:

NefCanuck