Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Car Pile Up In Whitby This Morning.....
Yeah i got into an accident today.... around 6:20am on Hwy #2 in Whitby

In the Cadillac tho!

Some guy 3 cars ahead of me decided last minute he was making a left hand turn at a set of lights causing the car behind him to slam on the brakes, causing the F250, myself in the Cadillac STS and a Accent to slam on all our brakes. We were all stopped and thought we were all good and just started to relax... then BAMM this Chevy Impala, must have been doing 80-90kms/h, launches the Accent sandwiching me between the F250. The guy turning left made his turn and the guy behind him drove away luckily just before the impact. Once i got out there must have been a full car lenght between the Impala and the Accent!!

Everyone walked away though !!

so Hopefully it will be a write off and i can start looking for another focus !!

2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Glad to hear you're in one piece. Make sure you get yourself to a doctor to get checked out just in case.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
x2 glad to hear everyone walked away doesn't it suck when the person that initally caused the problem gets away without a scratch probablly notices and just speeds off without a care well good luck on the write off if thats what u want more than likly if it was stuck in between 2 other cars they will write it off for you
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Off to the Doctor for you. Get checked out, you never know. It can take a few days for the pain to start. ( I know a good Chiropractor in Courtice). As everyone has said, it's good that everyone walked away. Remember to state in all your reports that you were stopped when the "fun" began.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
I'll echo the "Doctor, Doctor" chant. First day or so its all adrenaline....

and then that wears off... Ouch

Good to hear that everyone walked away though, I'm surprised that you made it out so clean, considering that you were rammed into the back of a truck...

NefCanuck
Went to the dealership where it's waiting for the adjuster to come and inspect the damage and took some pics....

[Image: 011.jpg]

[Image: 010.jpg]

[Image: 003.jpg]

that's the worst of it.... also the rear passenger quater panel is pushed up to the door and the rear bumper is damaged
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
odd how the bumper looks like it took no damage, can't say the same for the hood lol. but aside from a new hood, fender and headlight....that doesn't look at all that bad.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
im glad ur ok bud

oh and that poor Cadishack
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
It'll buff out! But seriously glad to hear your ok, scary situation.
I'm on the "go see a doctor" boat. Things start cropping up and they could be related. Plus it will help your case "down the road" because everything has been documented.
Spinal,May 1 2008, 04:56 PM Wrote:odd how the bumper looks like it took no damage, can't say the same for the hood lol. but aside from a new hood, fender and headlight....that doesn't look at all that bad.
[right][snapback]263366[/snapback][/right]

Thing is he collided with an F-250 IIRC they ride higher, generally speaking than the F-150 so he probably "submarined" under the F-250's rear bumper (Esp. since he was hit from behind anyways, which would tend to drive his nose both forward and down)

NefCanuck
Thanx guys! yeah i'm ok for the most part.... stiff and sore

Saw the Doc tonight and i'm off work until next friday :D then go back for a follow up

And yeah i nose dived under the F250's bumper, as you can see the rad and condenser are pushed back in towards the motor. And since it's all motor up front i can't see it not being damaged as well..... they don't even leave enuff room for a battery in the engine bay, it's under the rear seat :rolleyes:

So i'm really hoping for a write off....

And the brand new 08 300 limited i have for a rental isn't hurting my feelings either!! they just recieved it today and i'm the first to drive it!! only had 16kms on the clock!! B)

I just can't believe none of the rental places i dealt with offer any Mustangs :blink:
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
Sounds like you want it written off. Stiff and sore , trips to a Massage Therapist.
Shoulda' asked for a 08 focus :lol:
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Cddi-ack
is toast dude.
SL8RZZX3,May 1 2008, 09:34 PM Wrote:Thanx guys! yeah i'm ok for the most part.... stiff and sore

Saw the Doc tonight and i'm off work until next friday  :D  then go back for a follow up

And yeah i nose dived under the F250's bumper, as you can see the rad and condenser are pushed back in towards the motor. And since it's all motor up front i can't see it not being damaged as well..... they don't even leave enuff room for a battery in the engine bay, it's under the rear seat  :rolleyes:

So i'm really hoping for a write off....

And the brand new 08 300 limited i have for a rental isn't hurting my feelings either!! they just recieved it today and i'm the first to drive it!! only had 16kms on the clock!!  B)

I just can't believe none of the rental places i dealt with offer any Mustangs  :blink:
[right][snapback]263391[/snapback][/right]

Hrm, yeah looking at that photo again and I agree, it definately looks like the motor got hit, I think the determining factor though is whether or not any of the bolts that hold the motor in place were damaged or sheared off (I assume that the airbag popped right?)

The problem is that 'Stangs aren't a good rental because people will for the most part abuse the thing to hades and back seeing as how "it's just a rental" anyways.

Even if you had found a place with one, I guarantee that the rental rate would have driven you away screaming (Even if the ins. co. picks up the tab at the end, you still have to put in the $ up front)

NefCanuck
oldeguy,May 2 2008, 05:52 AM Wrote:Sounds like you want it written off. Stiff and sore , trips to a Massage Therapist.
Shoulda' asked for a 08 focus  :lol:
[right][snapback]263398[/snapback][/right]

I thought about that too....08 focus, but being a rental they would only have the 4 doors and well.... i definately wouldn't fit :lol:

And Nef what do you think rentals are for? they beg to be beat on LOL
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
SL8RZZX3,May 2 2008, 11:00 AM Wrote:I thought about that too....08 focus, but being a rental they would only have the 4 doors and well.... i definately wouldn't fit  :lol:

And Nef what do you think rentals are for? they beg to be beat on LOL
[right][snapback]263434[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but there's "beat on" and then there's "slap a sticker on it and autocross the freakin' thing" guess which category the 'Stang falls into?

Then again years ago shortly after Ford intro'ed the 'Stang they put out a "Hertz Mustang" just for rental purposes that was beefed up :lol:

NefCanuck