Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decided My Mods.
you can use a reducer pipe I have two 3" to 2.5" and the 2.5" to 2.25". So basically you might need to get something fabricated. Im not gonna lie i'd say scrap the cat, there expensive and you will be really tight for space.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
paulicat,Sep 25 2008, 10:06 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Sep 25 2008, 10:03 AM Wrote:Just make sure that CAT is as close to the header as possible, just like where the stock one is.  You shouldnt have a problem passing emissions.
[right][snapback]273209[/snapback][/right]

How about the 2.5 to my 2.25 magnaflow, is that a problem??
So 2.5 for cat/flex/downpipe only??
I don't really want to change the magnaflow if I don't have too, I really like the tone I'm getting right now.
[right][snapback]273211[/snapback][/right]

If it was me and I gave Ken the same advice, I'd go 2.5 all the way through, but everything will bolt up fine if you stay with the 2.25. The flanges on the trubendz exhaust are designed to fit different size flanges, so your good to go.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Something to keep in mind, one of my main goals was to try and keep this build legal. I don't have the spare time to monkey around with shop visits to put stuff in and take stuff out so I can pass tests. Or to worry about getting nabbed on my way to work.
My car does 400+km's between monday and friday, its a daily driver through and through.
That being said, keep all the info/opinions coming please!
Procharger: Removed, and waiting for new host.
Future: Genesis Coupe 2.0t.