Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decided My Mods.
You got that right. More excuses to buy more tools. :D
Couldn't post pics tonight, got rained out.
Pics up tomorrow night if no rain.
So far though, the drop turned out real nice.
Procharger: Removed, and waiting for new host.
Future: Genesis Coupe 2.0t.
sory, just caught this post...

ZX3_2NV,May 1 2008, 09:21 AM Wrote:a mafia is cheaper than an aftermarket maf anyways u lucked out the mafia wasn't out when i 1st tuned
[right][snapback]263316[/snapback][/right]

But an SVT focus maf is good for 200+ WHP... and can be found for pretty cheap as well. Not to mention, the tune files for it are already out there in abundance.

If you're going for <210WHP, the SVT maf should suffice (IIRC)
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

My goals were to hit 200whp. If I actually get to 200whp, which seems very possible with the 10lb procharger kit, then I'm as happy as a pig in sh*t.
Currently, I don't have plans to add more power than what the Procharger will give me.
I'll be speaking with Steeda soon and see if they would recommend the SVT Maf for my application.
Thanks for the heads up darkpuppet!
Some quick pics of the drop.
Before (car was less than a year old in this pic):
[Image: im000080hw0.th.jpg]
After:
[Image: dscf0384ah9.th.jpg]
[Image: dscf0385tm2.th.jpg]

The fenders behind the front wheel wells seriously need to be painted, the chipping is brutal.
paulicat,May 8 2008, 01:35 PM Wrote:My goals were to hit 200whp. If I actually get to 200whp, which seems very possible with the 10lb procharger kit, then I'm as happy as a pig in sh*t.
Currently, I don't have plans to add more power than what the Procharger will give me.
I'll be speaking with Steeda soon and see if they would recommend the SVT Maf for my application.
Thanks for the heads up darkpuppet!
[right][snapback]263923[/snapback][/right]

np.. if you have any questions, just ask... I tuned my own car with the SCT proracer package, and still have a half dozen MAFs of various sizes kicking around from my attempts to find the proper one... There's a lot of misinformation out there, so don't be afraid to ask around a bit.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Here's a question...
I've seen various times where people have substituted a CAI for charge piping in the case of Procharger installs that have been converted to FMIC.
My kit is already converted, but the piping is in pretty sad condition and I won't install it in the condition its in.
I do have a CAI on right now and from what I can see, all my piping would end up being a nice and even 2.5 inches diameter from the blower to the throttle body. Both inlet/outlet on my intercooler are 2.5 inch also.
Anyone see any issues with this?
Ugh, front swaybar didn't go too well.
Couldn't for the life of me get the drivers side swaybar clamp off.
I brought it to Steeda, they'll get the swaybar on and do the alignment.
Anyone know where I can locate hub centric rings for the Focus??
The sizing should be 72.62x63.36.
<Edit> For the Enkei CDR9 wheel I have its 72.62x63.36 hub centric ring size.</edit>
paulicat,May 12 2008, 08:45 AM Wrote:Ugh, front swaybar didn't go too well.
The sizing should be 73x63.36.
[right][snapback]264123[/snapback][/right]
I've got a set!

They're only 350.00 and I'll throw in 4 black rims for nuttin' :P
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
LOL!!
If I saw your wheels first I would've bought them.
I was hoping to get black/dark wheels to go with my yellow but it just didn't work out that way...
Back to plan B, trying to locate those hub rings!
paulicat,May 12 2008, 07:45 AM Wrote:Ugh, front swaybar didn't go too well.
The sizing should be 73x63.36.
[right][snapback]264123[/snapback][/right]

1010tires.com lists those hub centric rings at $34.99 for a set of four for the upgraded ones (They were who I was going to go to if my local Kal Tire wasn't able to get them for me)

NefCanuck
Ok, next snag, looks like I'm up for more warranty work.
Now that I've got the 17's on, I can hear a grumbling/rumbling sound that was more subtle before. With the 17's on it seemed to amplify and now its really loud around 30-50km's an hour. I'm fairly certain its the front wheel bearings. There's some shake that coincides with the rumbling. Wheels are definitely balanced/mounted proper because the sound goes away at higher speeds (much to my surprise). Its VERY noticeable under deceleration (not braking) also.
I'm going in tonight to have one of their techs take it for a spin.
I'll update when I find out what it is.
Looks like I'm going to be getting my extended warranty value afterall.
Ok bringing it back from the dead.
Backyard took way longer than expected.
However, I'm getting back on track for the car.
The suspension is all completed, Steeda put on the front sway bar, but I've got poly bushing creaking which I want them to look at when it goes in for a tune. The creaking is brutal over any bump where both wheels get loaded/unloaded at the same time. I can't imagine the Saleen Foci came like this...
Anyways, I'm finally bringing in the car to have them check the front grumbling/rumbling sound. I'm fairly certain its the wheel bearings and I've got extended warranty till July 21st...its getting close to the cutoff.
After this is done, I'm picking up whatever Steeda suggests to take care of the MAF (MAFia, SVT MAF or 3 inch MAF tube) and an Xcal3 with a startup tune. I'm hoping for an install on the weekend of the 26, 27th.
I've catalogued all my nuts/bolts/studs for the Procharger and everything is in good order. Just need to pick up some quality silicone couplers for the charge piping.
Off hand does anyone know where I can get some charge piping beaded??
Some of the piping doesn't have beads on it and I've heard of too many stories of peoples couplers popping off under boost without beads.
I'll do a better job of taking snaps of the Procharger install than I did with the suspension (I know, I took none, sorry). The wife's going to be the designated photographer. :D
I've read you're supposed to change the PCV to a specific model when going with boost. Anyone know the part# off hand??
Here she is all cleaned up with the 17's on:
[Image: dscf0406zd3.th.jpg]
Just noticed, you can see my wifes silver se in the reflection...she no longer has it, we got an Edge for the "family".
Cheers!
Yup, wheelbearings are toast, plus hanger (center?) bearing all in front.
They'll take it for a drive test after all the fronts are changed to check for the rears.
The mechanic was cool and said he'll check over the whole car while its in since warranty is set to expire on the 21st.
good luck on the tune let me know what they do about the maf and injector size and make sure you post up ur dyno sheet
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Injector size I'm at 42#, they came with the kit.
MAF I think will end up being a MAFia and dyno sheet will definitely be posted up. Cars in today for the bearings, got a pathetic Cobalt 4 door for rental. Man, that this has NO soul, NO character whatsoever, give me my Focus back quick!
Front bearings are done. Great, silence finally. Not.
Now that the front aren't whirring like crazy, you can hear the rears whirring.
Back to the dealer I go...
paulicat,Jul 16 2008, 09:19 AM Wrote:Front bearings are done. Great, silence finally. Not.
Now that the front aren't whirring like crazy, you can hear the rears whirring.
Back to the dealer I go...
[right][snapback]268855[/snapback][/right]
Which dealer Anton ... I went back to my dealer complaining about bearing noise and they blamed it on the tires ... so much for my extended warranty - maybe I need a new dealer.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Sorry I didn't see this sooner Ken, I was at Erinwood Ford in the Erin Mills Autocentre.
I meant to update though, they said the rear is from the tires, there is some feathering on the treads, but the fronts were toast for sure.
I'm going to swap my front tires to the rear just to be sure its not the bearings while the work order is still open.
Not sure when ur gonna go tune but im going Aug 12 to steeda see how that goes there just going to mess around with the set up i have and over the winter and a couple small mods ill retune in the spring but i want it running right but im still curious how the MAFia is going to work
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
ZX3_2NV,Jul 25 2008, 09:33 AM Wrote:Not sure when ur gonna go tune but im going Aug 12 to steeda see how that goes there just going to mess around with the set up i have and over the winter and a couple small mods ill retune in the spring but i want it running right but im still curious how the MAFia is going to work
[right][snapback]269364[/snapback][/right]
I'm going to steeda since they're about 15 minutes from me.
I'm going to try and swing getting off a day, but Im self employed so every day i take off just tally's up the cost of what I'm doing on that day...I might end up leaving the car with them to tune without me there though I'd greatly prefer not to as I'd love to be there for the dyno runs :(.
I'm doing the install on the civic long weekend...
Couple quick things:
1: Anyone know where I can get some charge piping beaded??
2: Anyone running boost know which pcv I'm supposed to be using?? I believe its a one way pcv??