Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decided My Mods.
Hey everyone.
I'm letting the other thread die now as I've made my decisions and subsequently, made my purchases.
Special thanks in advance to ZTWsquared for his forthcoming help.
I opted to go with a Procharger setup with 10lbs boost, 42lb injectors, and FMIC.
To help control the little (I hope its a) beast, the Racecraft Saleen suspension kit from MassiveSpeedSystems is on its way too.
Things should be arriving in the next couple weeks. I'm going to tackle the suspension kit first because my tires are nearly bald and I'm going to need to get a good alignment done once I get the suspension kit installed. I'll be going with some sort of 17 inch wheel/tire combo as the stock 15's are going to become the sacrificial winter rims. No decisions on summer wheel/tire just yet.
After the suspension is done (dreading the rear LCA bolt/bushing crap that I know will be a total PITA), it will give me enough time to gather up the funds that I'll need for an sct (or equivalent) and dyno time at Steeda since they're about 15 minutes from me.
Any chance if anyones heard of Ford covering the LCA bolt/bushing debacle under some kind of tsb or warranty (I still have warranty till mid July this year)??
After things start getting installed, I'll take pictures to document the transformation as best I can.
Thanks again for everyones opinion in the other thread!
Procharger: Removed, and waiting for new host.
Future: Genesis Coupe 2.0t.
Not followed this so far, but please do take those pics as you do the work. It'll be nice to see things going in/on!

S.
WAY TO GO!

Keep us all in the loop with pictures!
Good look on the install I really like how the FMIC looks on the procharger. Should be a gun build if you run into any problem let me know. will you be putting a blow off valve on it i think that would be pretty cool
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
ZX3_2NV,Apr 22 2008, 09:12 AM Wrote:Good look on the install I really like how the FMIC looks on the procharger. Should be a gun build if you run into any problem let me know. will you be putting a blow off valve on it i think that would be pretty cool
[right][snapback]262598[/snapback][/right]

Yea I believe its already got a blowoff or bypass valve in place.
I can't wait to do the suspension, I have eibach sportlines (1.5 inch drop) right now with stock struts/shocks so they obviously need changing now :D
I'll be posting a for sale for the sportlines which are just showing normal wear.
I've only got 84000 on my car and they went on at about the 35000 mark.
great. good luck with the install!

if you aren't changing to bring that won't clear the OE brakes I recommend keeping the OE wheels and going with a stupidly sticky tire like toyo RA1.. or maybe an aggressive street tire like the falken RT615. the smaller size will keep your overall costs down. the sidewalls on these tires are stiff enough that (IMHO) the turn in advantage is negligible

naz,Apr 22 2008, 02:54 PM Wrote:great. good luck with the install!

if you aren't changing to bring that won't clear the OE brakes I recommend keeping the OE wheels and going with a stupidly sticky tire like toyo RA1.. or maybe an aggressive street tire like the falken RT615.  the smaller size will keep your overall costs down.  the sidewalls on these tires are stiff enough that (IMHO) the turn in advantage is negligible
[right][snapback]262631[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for the recommend naz. I'm changing for a two part reason though.
A: I need a set of winter wheels anyways and I CANT stand steel rims.
B: I hate to admit it, but looks. I just love the way the Focus looks with 17's. :)
get the stickies for 17" wheels and best of both worlds :)
Heh, depending on how the budget is doing, thats the plan :)
paulicat,Apr 22 2008, 11:57 PM Wrote:Heh, depending on how the budget is doing, thats the plan :)
[right][snapback]262659[/snapback][/right]

you won't get the best out of your power adders and suspension mods with crappy tires so its almost worth it to redirect money towards tires is necessary...
You're absolutely right.
What I meant to say is I'll get the best that I can get within "reason".
Remember, I'm not a track guy, just looking to get some more fun out of a daily driver focus :)
right.

i do hope you get a chance to go to a circuit day or two with your new setup.

naz,Apr 22 2008, 10:05 PM Wrote:right.

i do hope you get a chance to go to a circuit day or two with your new setup.
[right][snapback]262666[/snapback][/right]

Do they mind if you leave the babyseat in the back? :D
No baby in the seat during a race of course...
you can leave the baby seat going down the 1/4 mile strip if you like
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
ZX3_2NV,Apr 23 2008, 10:03 AM Wrote:you can leave the baby seat going down the 1/4 mile strip if you like
[right][snapback]262692[/snapback][/right]

I must say, the idea of hitting the 1/4 mile strip has been an idea for some time.
Hopefully if all goes well, I can make that happen.
Cayuga & St. Thomas (The two tracks closest to Mississauga) usually do "Test & Tune" days, last year went down, plunked down $20 and had a blast, even if I only beat out a stickered up Civic :P

NefCanuck

Maybe I should go back there this year with the new ride and see if I can punk him outr again :lol:

NefCanuck,Apr 23 2008, 01:19 PM Wrote:Cayuga & St. Thomas (The two tracks closest to Mississauga) usually do "Test & Tune" days, last year went down, plunked down $20 and had a blast, even if I only beat out a stickered up Civic :P

NefCanuck

Maybe I should go back there this year with the new ride and see if I can punk him outr again :lol:
[right][snapback]262710[/snapback][/right]

Nice, Cayuga sounds about as close to a plan as I've had in a while.
How is the V6 is the Fusion? I got the 4 in the rental I had a few weeks back and it felt "ok".
paulicat,Apr 23 2008, 12:38 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Apr 23 2008, 01:19 PM Wrote:Cayuga & St. Thomas (The two tracks closest to Mississauga) usually do "Test & Tune" days, last year went down, plunked down $20 and had a blast, even if I only beat out a stickered up Civic :P

NefCanuck

[right][snapback]262710[/snapback][/right]

Nice, Cayuga sounds about as close to a plan as I've had in a while.
How is the V6 is the Fusion? I got the 4 in the rental I had a few weeks back and it felt "ok".
[right][snapback]262712[/snapback][/right]

Even with the extra weight of the AWD hardware, if you stand on it like you stole it, it'll move in a hell of a hurry :P :lol:

Yeah, I'd heard the 4 banger was "adequate" makes me wonder what the 4 banger AWD model sold in the US is like (bog-slow I'm guessing :D)

NefCanuck
Eww, I didn't know they made the awd with a 4 banger.
Im not that familiar with the awd setup in the fusion, but with the fwd model, yea adequate is being nice.
paulicat,Apr 23 2008, 02:43 PM Wrote:Eww, I didn't know they made the awd with a 4 banger. :S
Im not that familiar with the awd setup in the fusion, but with the fwd model, yea adequate is being nice.
[right][snapback]262728[/snapback][/right]

Heh, I had a 4cyl Taurus back in the day... dear god that thing was a rolling boat anchor... you measured it's quarter mile time with a SUNDIAL! <_<

NefCanuck