Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pcv Valve On Spi
Hey all,

Is this where the pcv valve is on an SPI, where the hose attaches the the cover? My Chiltons says it's 'located in the valve cover', so I assume this is where it is, especially as the hose/pipe leads to the PCV system air filter.

If it is, then how do I get it out? I put a pair of grips on it (after taking hose off and finding a metal fitting), but I'm scared to apply too much pressure to it. It doesn't feel like something that can be 'pulled out' like the Chiltons says [I also notice the Chiltons is VERY biased towards the Zetec...a lot of info is obviously NOt for the SPI].

thx

[Image: Picture001.jpg]
I would suggest buying the replacement first before atempting to remove this one. You might be trying to remove the wrong fitting. I have no experience with an SPI but I am sure the PCV valve shouldn't cost you more than $10 or something, it maybe even cheaper than that.

And from the looks of that hose, you might want to replace that too.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Ya, but I might not need to replace it, see? Just clean it I think.

Gonna give it a squirt of WD40 tomorrow while she's sitting at work, let it soak (shoulda done that today really). Then I'll see if it gets loose.

But, IS it the right thing? It seems to be, just not as easy to get out as the manual makes it seem.

Oh and ya, that hose will be replaced, along with a couple of others I think. checking them more thoroughly next w/end.

Thx anyway FMF.
Does that hose lead to the airbox? I think, although I'm not sure, but I think that hose isn't the PCV. I read somewher that it's on the right side of the valve cover,at the back, as you are looking at it.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Don't yank on that anymore!!! It's part of the valve cover. Here is the PCV valve...
[Image: IMG_2095.jpg]
AHA!

Thanks guys. I'll pull it out on the weekend, and see if it's ok.

I did wonder if that was it, but the Chiltons manual is a little ambiguous. In one place it says follow the pipe from the air cleaner housing, and THEN it says the SPI pcv valve is located in the valve cover. A little confusing to say the least.

thanks again.

S.