Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cosworth Intake Manifold
Yes yes, I've posted many of times about this product but only because I can never get a proper answer.

If I installed this would I need to get a tune at a shop or will it be able to run with a tune for FSWerks or would it run without an additional tune????

Help needed!!!!!!!

[Image: cosmanifold_r1_c2.jpg]
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

you would need a tune done to accept this intake, FSwerks supplies one with the manifold, just like a turbo you must datalog and they will keep sending files until your afr is optimal for the product. just look on focaljet LOL or even FF i bet has the answer aswell
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
thanx ok
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified

it'd probably be a wise idea to get an wideband A/F gauge too, the MAF reading isn't anywhere near as accurate.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
Spinal,Feb 5 2010, 10:41 PM Wrote:it'd probably be a wise idea to get an wideband A/F gauge too, the MAF reading isn't anywhere near as accurate.
[right][snapback]300833[/snapback][/right]

I've been looking

[Image: gauge_amber_air_fuel_wideband_ratio.jpg]

The AEM Uego is very good as well. Easy to hook up.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
+1 on the AEM, i have one and not only does it work awesome, easy to hook up like oscar said. i happened to get mine free from CFM for a warranty gift card from my UDP blowing up haha

ya AEM all the way, dont go with that deft racing one

Hmm. The AEM one only uses the 4.2 Sensor when the Deftracing one uses the 4.9 sensor with a wider viewing area and more accurate readings. I also have my volts and oil pressure as the Deftracing gauges too so I think I'll get it too. Plus its cheaper than the AEM one too lol. But thanx
http://www.deftracing.com/prosport_gauges/..._White_52mm.htm

I got the AEM, works great.
You planning on putting one of those IM's on? Be ready to lose out a little bit on your low end torque without a 2.3L head :) You would definitely need a tune revision. I believe FSWerks charges 35 bucks for a revision.

BTW I've seen the AEM on eBay for about the same price as the one you posted. Go with the AEM. Actually it's still on sale from CFM:

http://focus.c-f-m.com/saleaem2116inchsing...withsensor.aspx
2009 Focus SES Black Sedan Mods:

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
GFXjamie,Feb 6 2010, 12:00 PM Wrote:+1 on the AEM, i have one and not only does it work awesome, easy to hook up like oscar said. i happened to get mine free from CFM for a warranty gift card from my UDP blowing up haha

ya AEM all the way, dont go with that deft racing one
[right][snapback]300842[/snapback][/right]

UDP blow up? Whoa??? Let me know what happened as I'm putting one on in March.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
So I ordered the IM and A/F. No probs from Deft inc. The FSWerks side is another story. Randy called me up and was extremly rude, did not want to sell the IM without a tune and I said well I placed an order for one ($35) and included what else I did to the car. He said no, the Cosworth IM is custom tuned.
I said well how much?
He replied $300 +
Wow, why can't I run it without a tune.
Oh well you can but you won't get the true power out of it.
I finally said just give me the IM and take off the other tune.
Thanx

I think I'm done with them.

Wow, usually they are pretty solid with their customer service. Another reason to go with Tom, that update for the IM would of been free. Custom tuning.. and 300 bucks.. yeah right!

Just curious as to why you decided going with the IM? There won't be significant gains due to the restricted flow of the 2.0L head. It creates a bottleneck and you'll lose out a little bit on your low end torque. Going FI with the IM is a different story though, I guess you'll be going down that route later on. But not worth on an NA 2.0 setup in my opinion, unless you plan on fully building the internals.

In the 2.3L, the IM is what causes the bottleneck. So putting a Cosworth on it makes sense, but for the 2.0L the head is the bottleneck. I see it's on sale though, good time to pick it up if any! So what are you going to do for tuning? Bring it to DaSilva I guess?

But either way, it's bling factor! It'll look nice under the hood :)

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
tetra,Feb 9 2010, 03:28 PM Wrote:Wow, usually they are pretty solid with their customer service. Another reason to go with Tom, that update for the IM would of been free. Custom tuning.. and 300 bucks.. yeah right!

Just curious as to why you decided going with the IM? There won't be significant gains due to the restricted flow of the 2.0L head. It creates a bottleneck and you'll lose out a little bit on your low end torque. Going FI with the IM is a different story though, I guess you'll be going down that route later on. But not worth on an NA 2.0 setup in my opinion, unless you plan on fully building the internals.

In the 2.3L, the IM is what causes the bottleneck. So putting a Cosworth on it makes sense, but for the 2.0L the head is the bottleneck. I see it's on sale though, good time to pick it up if any! So what are you going to do for tuning? Bring it to DaSilva I guess?

But either way, it's bling factor! It'll look nice under the hood :)
[right][snapback]300999[/snapback][/right]

Bling for sure and it does set me up for mods in the future.
I'll take it to Dasilva. They seem like they know what they are doing. I did think about asking you about Tom and how much he charges for tunes but I don't think I'll have the time to rum emails back and forth.

The IM might give me a loss in low end torque but I'll be the test of it for all of you to see. I've had decent luck with power out put with this car lol. So I'll see. I may be doing cams and P&amp;P in the near future too. So we will see and you can see it on my car at the Performacne World Carshow.

Yeah, I hear you about doing the e-mail thing. It takes awhile, but it's definitely cost effective. I've had about 12 revisions done before we got my car perfect and all I had to pay for was the X3 tuner and that's it.. It wasn't actually that bad since I talked to Tom almost every night on AIM.

I would do a 2.3L head before the other stuff to really let that IM flow nicely. Maybe you can find one in a junked Focus and polish and port it or something. Would be cheaper than the FRPP one. But I would do that next. With a 2.3L head and the Cossie IM you'll be in for some nice power gains and open that puppy up! But still, it's bling to have a Cossie IM.. I've never seen one in the flesh :)

124whp/129wtq
Anywho, on the whole Randy issue, he did make it clear on the tuning issue that he does charge the 300.00 fee on the IM manifold cause he hasn't had much play with them on a 2.0L NA in his shop. It is more of a safety / verification issue as he hasn't done more than one in his shop.

Link

As for tuning, remember tuning is a labourous item. You get what you pay for IMO.

Yeah, I understand where John got a little confused when ordering. On the Cossie IM page it states &quot;To properly function, the Cosworth intake manifold will require custom ECU programming. Please give us a call for details and prices for this service.&quot;

I think it would of said &quot;requires an update&quot; instead of &quot;custom tuning&quot; if it was the 35 dollar option. But what I don't like is that 300 is just the base price, it could end up costing a fortune depending on how much tuning he needs to do.

I just found it weird that Randy was being rude. He obviously knows his stuff and wasn't trying to scam you. Either way it's going to cost enough to get tuned from Randy or at DaSilva. But I guess the process at DaSilva will be quicker instead of having to e-mail Randy logs and so on.

124whp/129wtq
I'd feel safer doing it at Dasilva becaus if something went wrong I can go after them right.

But I would rather pay and beable to seet he power I'm putting down go up and up instead of just pluging it in adn hoping it gos faster lol.

Well we will see folks.

PS I just got my mount and X brace shiny red
putting them in on Sat.

Very nice. How long did it take to come in?

Scorcher000,Feb 9 2010, 10:28 PM Wrote:PS I just got my mount and X brace shiny red
putting them in on Sat.
[right][snapback]301013[/snapback][/right]

Does this mount have nipples too? LOL
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
i wouldnt doubt fswerks on their tuning ability. also, it will cost you atleast 300 if not more to do it on a dyno. steeda quoted me 400$ for n/a and 100$ for every add on after that.

Randy is very knowledgeable guy and when it comes to focus and tuning with SCT he is the best. that will be the best 300$ you will ever spend.

as for the UDP blowing up, chain sprocket separated from crank pulley. not sure how tho.... just sorta fell apart LOL

so i bought an original focus central one iam putting in this comming spring

good luck with the cossie... i dont see it being any true benefit other then looks and loss of torque but if you think you can make it work with other mods all the power to ya.

CFM offers a high flow head for duratec, 895$ so thats one option for head wise, or just buy a 2.3L head which really isnt a whole lot different but slightly larger ports...

so do some stage 2 cams, 2.3l head shaved for higher compression and the manifold with a TB and UDP and you should make like 180whp... if u wanna be a baller N/A guy.

i suggest a mtx in the future of this car tho

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Code 2004: Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck open Krusty Driver 4 2,642 11-05-2013, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Krusty Driver
  2.0l cosworth intake manifold, check it out GFXjamie 8 6,907 02-17-2011, 02:37 AM
Last Post: GFXjamie
  Intake Manifold Design kamilk69 14 8,780 02-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Jmountney1
  Focus Central Intake Manifold (mitch Maybe Knows?) NikiterZTS 12 4,402 07-04-2007, 02:19 PM
Last Post: NikiterZTS
  Ported 2000 Intake Manifold NikiterZTS 24 6,551 05-02-2007, 12:28 AM
  Ported Intake Manifold Alec Brandon 3 2,271 04-09-2007, 04:03 AM
  Svt Intake Manifold Popped Off? torradan 5 2,466 08-01-2006, 01:25 AM
Last Post: hardk0re