Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Rpms Jumping All Weird.
Ford sells a pigtail kit for this connector, and the new part has beefier protection around the wires.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Ended up being low Coolant causing the engine light to go on and I think cause the rpms to jump cause the reserve coolant was completely depleted aswell Undecided

I think the Rpm problem is fixed now that I topped off the Coolant, but i'm getting a bit of vibration still and the coolant leak isn't patched up yet so I gotta figure out how to seal the leak.
(05-08-2010, 01:08 PM)Focus-SE Wrote: Ended up being low Coolant causing the engine light to go on and I think cause the rpms to jump cause the reserve coolant was completely depleted aswell Undecided

I think the Rpm problem is fixed now that I topped off the Coolant, but i'm getting a bit of vibration still and the coolant leak isn't patched up yet so I gotta figure out how to seal the leak.

Yup, Glad to be of help. My second guess was the coolant. You may have either a small leak or its burning it somewhere?? did you check?
My other ride is your Mom
The leak is coming out of one of pipes connected to the manifold I think and sitting between the passenger and the drivers seat underneath. So would it possibly be a Manifold Gasket that's gone bad?