Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I Have A Target On My Car?
I build houses in new subdivisions and we were up sheeting the roof when a co-worker heard a crunch! One of the home owners was backing out of their driveway and hit the front end of the Focus :(
Keep in mind that construction sites are far from quiet and although we heard the impact over all the noise, the damage seemed to be minor. A few white marks from buddy's bumper a small crack (only through the clear coat) and the paint was starting to spider a bit.

I know a body shop who do good work, so I took it in to get an estimate and they said it would be around $600.

First off, I can't justify dropping that kind of coin on re-finishing a stock facia. So this is what I'm thinking... Take the estimate to the lady who hit me..get the $600 and buy an aftermarket. Keep my stock facia on the car until I can afford to get it painted..and presto..Sexy new front end!!! :D

I've been eyeing up that new Fusion bumper for the 05+ for awhile now, looks like I may get it sooner than I thought.
Blacked-out 06 ZX3 : Eibach Pro's, Tokico Blues, Tri-Ax STS, Steeda SRI, Cosworth 67mm TB, Cosworth Header, Energy Suspension Poly Mounts, PS2, Red & Black Katzkins...
**COUGH** Front end conversion to 00-04 **cough**

dude it's a sign!! full euro front and back!! :) ;)

And dude get more quotes!! get one from Ford and from other body shops too! and make her give you something in the middle
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Yup.
get three and give her the one in the middle.
You can ask the shops the pad the quote a little too.
Yaa take it to Polito Ford Great guy but he can be a bit Pricey im pretty sure they do body work and two other shops and go with the average save up and do something with the front end. or just tell them to give you $750
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Sucks about the damage but always nice to be able to upgrade.

Im curious are you building up on the north end of Lindsay in Springdale?

Edit - and I dont think Polito has an in house body shop, the must sub it out but im not 100% either, I know Moynes does. I take all my stuff to Georges Custom Paint.
No, I'm working for Tribute homes out in Ajax.
I think your right about Polito...I'll try Moynes.
Where is Georges?
Blacked-out 06 ZX3 : Eibach Pro's, Tokico Blues, Tri-Ax STS, Steeda SRI, Cosworth 67mm TB, Cosworth Header, Energy Suspension Poly Mounts, PS2, Red & Black Katzkins...
Ahh ok, thought you might be doing some of the development in Lindsay from your location.

Georges is on Needham Street. He did the body job on my 87 Mustang and it turned out great.

George's Custom Paint‎Address:
42 Needham Street
Lindsay, ON K9V 5J9, Canada

(705) 328-0122
Thanks dude!
if u do decide to go for euro conversion, i know of a good deal for you
My other ride is your Mom
well, regardless of how this thing turns out, I have been trying for awhile now to get my hands on a euro rear with no such luck. If you could help a guy out, that would be awsome!!!

Shoot me a PM bro