Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't Get Rid Of Noises And Studdering
I have a 2000 sedan with the spi motor, I can't seem to get rid of the ticking in the motor, and I have this noise like a bearing gone in a pully or something very annoying, and for the studdering only does it when roads are wet.

Can someone please give me some tips on how to get rid of the problems without coasting me alot of money
spark plug wires.
It could be a cracked coil, too.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Have you isolated the ticking noise? Might be best to start there.

Is it in the valve train or accessories?

do you have a aftermarket intake?
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I do have a aftermarket intake but the studdering is only when its wet out I checked out the intake and its sealed good and no water gets to it, but I do have a mini beather.

And for the ticking its coming from the valve trian.
Since I dont know much about the SPI motor I did a search on FF and from what I read in the first two posts of my search ticking is normal in those engines. Something about the valve buckets and injectors both being noisy. Maybe thats what it is for you.

Heres a link to one of those threads
http://focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread....ghlight=ticking

About your studdering have you tried spraying wd40 on the wires when its wet? If the studdering is because the wires are getting wet the wd40 should displace the water. Might be a good way to test that. Gotta start somewhere.

Hey thanks for the tips, my buddy said the same thing about the wires he suggested a silicon spray I just wanted to here that from someone else first before I tried it.
My car was doing the exact thing when it was wet. The spark was arking over to other wires when it was damp/wet.
I was checking under the hood one nite after a drive home. I could actually see the spark.
So spend a few bucks, pick up some wires and the lube/conductor stuff. I've used stock, MSD & Ford racing. Had good results and lots of KM out of each.
my car did the same thing when it was wet out, was due to the Cold air intake letting water in and f***in up the MAf readings.

Its easy to check, take apart your intake, if there is any moisture close ot the maf, theres your problem.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]