Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Bag Dash Light
Just changed the oil today in the Focus at a friends shop and once I backed out of the shop I noticed the air bag light was on. It wasnt on when I came in.

Anyway sometimes it stays on, sometimes it flashes, and sometimes when I start it, the light doesnt come on until I drive it for a few minutes. Anyway had this happen? Is it just a sensor gone bad or even moisture in the sensor?
hrmm I remember this... (!) is it that one? if so my ground was intermittent.. then short circuited and caught my entire harness on fire... fixed now... but my sugestion is open the bottom of your under hood fuse box and look for loose dry rotted or frayed wires... posibly replace the ground and positive leads to the fuse box... it's bitch but it's peace of mind
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
ZED_not_zee,Mar 6 2008, 03:40 AM Wrote:hrmm  I remember this...  (!)  is it that one?  if so my ground was intermittent.. then  short circuited  and caught my entire harness on fire...  fixed now...  but my sugestion is open the bottom of your under hood fuse box and look for loose dry rotted or frayed wires...  posibly replace the ground and positive leads to the fuse box...  it's bitch but it's peace of mind
[right][snapback]259419[/snapback][/right]

Nope, not (!) this one, it looks like a stick figure with a seatbelt on and a circle (airbag) in front of it. In the owners manual its for front air bag. Still on this morning, Im thinking sensor.
Could be the sensor but I think it would be the passanger side more than the driver side. Before you tear anything apart take your (-) negative terminal off at least 1/2 hour before you work. You dont wanna be point blank if that sucker goes off :ph34r:
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
Do you have an SVT or focus with Side airbags?

I know that when I take out one of my seats, and I have one of hte side airbag plugs unplugged from the seat, that light goes on.

I'd be willing to bet you have a loose connector somewhere.

The Airbag Control Module is located underneath the center console.

!!!UNPLUG YOUR BATTERY AND WAIT AT LEAST 30MIN BEFORE TOUCHING ANYTHING!!!!

You can check those connectors, make sure they're securely fastened..... maybe check the connectors to each of the airbags themselves? Just some suggestions!
Loyal Focus Owner!!!
First: 2003 Ford Focus ZX5
Second: 2002 Ford Focus SVT (#2808 of 4788)
Yeah, I dont have an SVT (i wish), just a ZTS.

The light stayed off for a 40 minute trip today and then came on after again.

I'll check out the sensors when I get a chance, hard to do being im in an apt right now and the snow in the lot.

Thanks for the heads up on the battery though from both of you, I dont think much about them as I'm not used to working on a car with air bags. Kinda embarassing if I got smoked by one of those lol
lol one of my bigiest fears is that one day I will trip one of those sensor while messing around.. and it'l randomly go off in traffic or something
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
mine came on about a year ago. if the light is on your airbags will not work. it says this in the owners manual. how did i fixed this? took out the cluster and put black electrical tape over the light
zetec crew #200
If you can chop your own wood you will warm yourself twice
Zetec: Its always on
I want to do that to the stupid shift light in the car... kill two birds with one stone? lol :ph34r:
mustanggt_50,Mar 7 2008, 10:24 AM Wrote:I want to do that to the stupid shift light in the car... kill two birds with one stone? lol :ph34r:
[right][snapback]259507[/snapback][/right]

apparantly you can MOD that shift light to go off at a specified RPM. I think thats only if u get a tune though
Loyal Focus Owner!!!
First: 2003 Ford Focus ZX5
Second: 2002 Ford Focus SVT (#2808 of 4788)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dash Light Mason 12 3,114 03-10-2007, 06:27 AM
Last Post: G1rlZX3dRiVeR
  Dash Light Problem? MAlby7 5 1,962 12-14-2004, 04:50 AM
Last Post: BrooksZX3