hardk0re,Feb 27 2008, 09:15 AM Wrote:In my list would be:
Proper Suspension
Good set of Tires
LSD
Clutch
Exhaust
Cosworth Intake Manifold
Turbo

Don't waste money time on a XCAL2 now, the turbo kits come with an XCAL from FS and you will not save the cost of the XCAL off the price.  They may knock off 100 bucks, hardly the 400 you spent on the XCAL to begin with.  My advice would be to wait on any tuning until the turbo is done.  You can do regular N/A mods until then.  And yeah what naz said...don't go into debt for this.
[right][snapback]258904[/snapback][/right]

Listen to this guy. All the other mods you have listed that you are buying are pointless and doesnt help the turbo build at all.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I would suggest driving the car , forget modding it, save that money for a car that is turbo from the factory ( mazda speed 3 , speed protege srt 4 wrx wtc ... ). It will save you massive headaches and money and they will be more reliable for less money than a homemade turbo car .....
i'll sell you my WRX wagon for USD $13k :)
Mike,Feb 27 2008, 06:43 PM Wrote:I would suggest driving the car , forget modding it, save that money for a car that is turbo from the factory ( mazda speed 3 , speed protege srt 4 wrx wtc ... ). It will save you massive headaches and money and they will be more reliable for less money than a homemade turbo car .....
[right][snapback]258960[/snapback][/right]

whats the fun in that?
Flofocus,Feb 28 2008, 02:04 AM Wrote:
Mike,Feb 27 2008, 06:43 PM Wrote:I would suggest driving the car , forget modding it, save that money for a car that is turbo from the factory ( mazda speed 3 , speed protege srt 4 wrx wtc ... ). It will save you massive headaches and money and they will be more reliable for less money than a homemade turbo car .....

whats the fun in that?
[right][snapback]258979[/snapback][/right]

i agr with mike.. i like driving more than working on my car...
naz,Feb 28 2008, 07:57 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Feb 28 2008, 02:04 AM Wrote:

whats the fun in that?
[right][snapback]258979[/snapback][/right]

i agr with mike.. i like driving more than working on my car...
[right][snapback]259021[/snapback][/right]

you havent worked on your car's much. ;) As much as it can be a PITA for me, it's also my therapy.

Do a turbo install from scratch in 36 hours with a freind and try not to tell me the feeling of driving that after all that hard labour isn't worth it.

sure, blowing engines up, having to fix broken stuff sometimes sucks, but when you get to the point of where I am with my focus (reliable, good to go) it's a better feeling each time I start that car knowing it's MY creation. I am freakin proud of that. :D

I love driving the subaru, but still can't wait for spring to come to roll out my toy.
The story so far...

Nos gave me a sweet deal on the xcal2 and the FS intake. We'll work at getting the intake off later on.

Ordered the RS wing today, was the last one in stock so I hope to have it here in the next few weeks. Gonna call the bodyshops in town and get some pricing on paint.

Called MBRP today, scheduled the car to go in on March 17, first day of my week long vacation. :)

Tomorrow I gotta get the engine code and get a hold of FS for the programming and the LSD.

So if all goes well, i'll have a fun week off in mid-March. :D
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Flofocus,Feb 29 2008, 12:31 AM Wrote:Do a turbo install from scratch in 36 hours with a freind and try not to tell me the feeling of driving that after all that hard labour isn't worth it.
[right][snapback]259024[/snapback][/right]

MCs go fast on a level that makes modding cars seem stupid to me.. that's just my personal view...

each time i think about getting up/down pipe, turbo, sti injectors, etc etc etc i remind myself that even with all that its still a car.. ie still slow.. why bother to spend the money and possibly ruin the reliability of my daily?

EDIT: MC = motorcycle
naz,Feb 28 2008, 11:36 PM Wrote:MCs go fast on a level that makes modding cars seem stupid to me.. that's just my personal view...

each time i think about getting up/down pipe, turbo, sti injectors, etc etc etc i remind myself that even with all that its still a car.. ie still slow.. why bother to spend the money and possibly ruin the reliability of my daily?

[right][snapback]259038[/snapback][/right]

Cause fat asses don't belong on MC's! :lol:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Oscar The Grouch,Feb 28 2008, 11:05 PM Wrote:
naz,Feb 28 2008, 11:36 PM Wrote:MCs go fast on a level that makes modding cars seem stupid to me.. that's just my personal view...

[right][snapback]259038[/snapback][/right]

Cause fat asses don't belong on MC's! :lol:
[right][snapback]259044[/snapback][/right]

and some of us can't drive MC's even if we wanted to :(

NefCanuck
do an alarm starter combo. one of the best things I got for my car. it is so nice in the winter. I would also say if you are going to do the lsd you might as well do a clutch, I don't know if the centerforce cluch will hold up to the turbo(don't know how much power you want to go with) I love the centerforc clutch, it made driving fun again. it is sooooooooooo much better then the stock clutch. and the only reason i say do the clutch is because you'll have the tranny out anyways this way you only have to pull it once.
BUILD AROUND FOR POWER... suspension brakes LSD I know it's too late but's my montera
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
silvermist,Mar 1 2008, 02:07 AM Wrote:I love the centerforc clutch, it made driving fun again.
[right][snapback]259128[/snapback][/right]

how?