Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nexan Winguard
Well with the winter season half over I thought I'd write up a quick review on the Nexan WinGuard tires I bought in December.

I got these tires the day before the first snow storm in December and I must say these are a great snow tire! The first year I had my Focus I used the P6's and the did an ok job (only because they had lots of tread) This year with the P6's only have 1/3 of the tread left I knew I had to get some winter tires so I did some shopping around, first stop Canadian tire...after a $1200 estimate (with rims) I went to Wal-Mart and looked at the Nexans WinGuards and the Dunlop Graspics. As you can tell I went with the Nexans

The tread design is very aggressive and the are studable too, They work great in deep snow (185/65/15 I got them as narrow as possible) and have so much traction its not even funny. My wife has the Goodyear Nordics and these are better in deep snow and slush.

The good.
Great traction in deep snow and slush.
Good traction on ice.
These are studable.
The price. $70 (185/65/15)

The bad.
The tire noise is well..loud.
With the narrow tire they handle very poorly under normal driving conditions.

Over all I'm very pleased with these tires, they maybe a bit of overkill for southern Ontario because you trade a lot of cornering ability but hay there snow tires.

[Image: tmpphpyhdSZD.jpg]
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
They look like bicycle tires!
:lol:
Canadian ST,Feb 11 2008, 05:53 PM Wrote:The bad.
The tire noise is well..loud.
With the narrow tire they handle very poorly.

[right][snapback]257799[/snapback][/right]

in the snow, any tire will handle poorly -- tho I'd expect the nexans to handle much better than most summer/'no seasons".. ;)

nice writeup.. :banger:
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

ANTHONYD,Feb 12 2008, 01:06 PM Wrote:They look like bicycle tires!
:lol:
[right][snapback]257845[/snapback][/right]

Well I did get them from the sporting good section, I also have two bikes for sale..no tires though. :ph34r:
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]