Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
** Pie Frd04-aux Ford Aux Input Converter **
I'm installing Sirius in the Focus and I'm buying a PIE FRD04-AUX Ford Aux Input Converter from an eBay vendor. Since I'm ordering one and they have a few, I'm offereng to get a couple of extra for those interested.

Info on the unit is here:

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Ite...FRD4AUX&tp=1672

or here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...:MEWA:IT&ih=019

In a nutshell, if you have the 6-disc MP3 Unit WITH THE "AUX" BUTTON in a 2005-2006 Focus and WITHOUT an existing factory Sat radio, this with allow you to use the AUX as an input to run your iPod or (in my case) Sat radio directly into your head unit rather than using the FM modulator.

I'm not looking to make any money on this, what I'm looking for is the $70 USD for the unit (most places are selling it for $90-$100) plus your share of the shipping. The shipping is $20 for the first unit and $10 for each additional, so if 2 other people are interested it would be {(20+10+10) / 3=} about $13USD. I would also expect that IF it gets charged tax (it's being mailed) that you'd pay your share as well.

If you live in the Hamilton/Oakville area it would be easier for you to swing by and pick this up. If you need it shipped to you I can do that for you at cost -- but in that case it would probably be easier for you to just buy it yourself from the above vendor.

I figure that what we'd save is $30-$40 each on the units.

Here's the kicker: I want to get this ordered by tomorrow at the LATEST, so if you're interested PM me; I'll need the money PayPal'd to me before I order one for you. (Don't want to sound like a dick, but I don't want any "bike rack incidents" or anything that would cause bad blood by having to chase down people for money.)

Most of you that have met or dealt with me know that despite my sarcasm that I'm a pretty stand-up guy. So I'm not going to skip town -- enough of you know where I live anyways.

So if those interested can PM me by about 6PM -- I'm going to bed for a bit and I'll check my PMs when I get up.

OAC_S

PS Please MAKE SURE that the unit is compatible with your particular car BEFORE you contact me!! (Go to the Crutchfield link above and check).
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Great timing!

I too am installing the Sat. Radio in the Lincoln and didn't know this existed.

Now, i do have the 6 disk, but the auxiallary port is missing on the front of the unit. Does this matter?

I checked the website and it did say that the unit is compatible and would work. If so...........I am in!!!
What I don't understand is would I lose the CD player in order to get this unit hooked up? The website says..........This adapter lets you listen to a portable MP3 player or just about any other external source through select Ford sound systems, by converting the CD changer input on the factory radio into an auxiliary input.
So I have to assume for now, that I would lose the CD player.
And you know where I am.

brother.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
You wouldn't lose the CD player (ie the indash function) but if you had a remote CD changer (in your trunk) or a rear-seat entertainment function (like in an Explorer) you would lose functionality of those.
Are you sure???????

The reason I ask is the site says........
Note: Any CD changer connected to the stereo must be disconnected to use this adapter

I only have an in dash 6 cd changer.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Feb 1 2008, 08:21 PM Wrote:Are you sure???????
[right][snapback]257300[/snapback][/right]
"Reasonably sure".

Basically the PIE unit enables the AUX button. If you had a CD changer in your trunk, it would already use that button (and jack in the back of the unit); which is why it's not compatible. But your indash uses the CD button, different input.
~closed~

Thanks