Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus Point Ontario Meet
OK fine lets try to get this thread back on topic I will spell check my posts and I won't use any shortened MSN lingo, BUT ONLY if this thread stays on topic.

So Flofocus do you think you will be able to make it?

I will start to make a running list of members who confirm there attendance.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
ZX3_2NV,Jan 28 2008, 06:56 PM Wrote:So Flofocus do you think you will be able to make it?

To early for me to commit to anything right now, but will try.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
So who are all the Maybe's?
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

ZX3 2NV,

As a co-organizer for Focus Fest Canada, I am wondering what it is that you dislike about what we are trying to put together for the Focus community. You say you aren't 100% happy with what we are planning, but you don't tell us what you would like to see. As I understand it, there has been talk of trying to put together a NationL meet for some time. Now we have one. Having it in Winnipeg just makes sense. We are the GEOGRAPHICAL centre of Canada (roughly) therefore it makes it easier for all to attend. Also, it was we that approached Tom from Focus Fanatics to a. use the Focus Fest name; and b. gather his support for what we are trying to do. If you or anyone else on Focus Canada.net have suggestions as to what they would like to see go on during the weekend, please feel free to log on to Focus Fanatics.com and go to our forum and make a post. We would love the feedback. That being said, I would hope that you would help rally the GTA focus community behind Focus Fest Canada, start a Caravan, and come on out and enjoy Manitoba hospitality. We would love to see you all at the meet.

By the way, if your only complaint is there is no drag racing planned at this time, it is because the nearest track is about 2hrs away in Gimili, which just didn't fit well with our other plans.

Thanks,

I look forward to meeting you in Winnipeg in July
[COLOR=orange] 05 ZX3 SE BLAZING Copper metalic, Stealth CAI, Magnaflo 2.25 catback, lowering spring (2b installed in the spring), 04 SVT 6 spoke rims, Roush Aluminum billet shifter, Steeda Aluminum HVAC knobs, Aluminum gauge bezel..ok so I like the look of aluminum....
As for suggestions

We already have Mentioned BBQ and Cruise and possibly bracket

Why not have a All Focus Car Show ?

You can Certain Categories

- Best Interior
- Best Sound System
- Best Looking Engine Bay
- Best Overall Looking Car

You can get Judges to volunteer (members on FC) and come up with criteria that they follow so that its fair judging..

You Can also have Bass Drags and SPL competition. I'm sure that rules can be easily found on the net.

Thats all i got for now... I dunno maybe i'll come up with some more I'll check out some events on the net and make some more suggestions.
Professional Certified Nut Case...
mister_bin,Jan 30 2008, 10:47 AM Wrote:As for suggestions

We already have Mentioned BBQ and Cruise and possibly bracket

Why not have a All Focus Car Show ?

- Best Interior
- Best Sound System

You can get Judges to volunteer (members on FC) and come up with criteria that they follow so that its fair judging..

You Can also have Bass Drags and SPL competition.  I'm sure that rules can be easily found on the net.

Thats all i got for now... I dunno maybe i'll come up with some more I'll check out some events on the net and make some more suggestions.
[right][snapback]257099[/snapback][/right]
Ok,

Obviously you guys haven't been on Focus Fanatics to see what we are planning. We are planing and Auto X event, followed by a cruise out to either lovely Ellie, or Selkirk MB to a local dealer where a BBQ/Cornroast would occur. Consider it an impromptu show as well. That would be on the Saturday. On Sunday would be the show and shine, a judged event with trophies and the likes. There will also be a silent auction to help raise some money for the Winnipeg Childrens rehab hospital. If there is enough interest shown we will approach a local hotel for a reduced rate on rooms. BUT we need your support! So come on out!!
[COLOR=orange] 05 ZX3 SE BLAZING Copper metalic, Stealth CAI, Magnaflo 2.25 catback, lowering spring (2b installed in the spring), 04 SVT 6 spoke rims, Roush Aluminum billet shifter, Steeda Aluminum HVAC knobs, Aluminum gauge bezel..ok so I like the look of aluminum....
Blackheart4355,Jan 30 2008, 11:44 AM Wrote:By the way, if your only complaint is there is no drag racing planned at this time, it is because the nearest track is about 2hrs away in Gimili, which just didn't fit well with our other plans.

[right][snapback]257098[/snapback][/right]

Then change the location so you have drag racing. :rolleyes:

Why in Winnipeg? Wouldnt you want to place it somewhere there's an actual decent population of foci's??
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Blackheart4355 this is an Ontario meet we are not talking about Focus Fest here. So please keep you comments in the thread dedicated to Focus Fest Canada that has been started by your co organizer.
http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...opic=23186&st=0

I have also posted my response to your comments there.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

mister_bin,Jan 30 2008, 07:47 AM Wrote:Why not have a All Focus Car Show ?

- Best Interior
- Best Sound System

You Can also have Bass Drags and SPL competition.  I'm sure that rules can be easily found on the net.

For car show categories it would be great to have. But if this is done it won't be by Canadian Street Car National, they only have best focus class. It will have to be set up with the moderators.

As for an SPL competition I am sure a lot of Foci will be interested as a lot do have systems. But you need some type of device to record it and that costs money to rent or to have someone come out and do for us.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

ZX3_2NV,Jan 30 2008, 12:13 PM Wrote:
mister_bin,Jan 30 2008, 07:47 AM Wrote:Why not have a All Focus Car Show ?

- Best Interior
- Best Sound System

For car show categories it would be great to have. But if this is done it won't be by Canadian Street Car National, they only have best focus class. It will have to be set up with the moderators.

As for an SPL competition I am sure a lot of Foci will be interested as a lot do have systems. But you need some type of device to record it and that costs money to rent or to have someone come out and do for us.
[right][snapback]257107[/snapback][/right]

Yeah you would need a DB meter.. So yeah.. Not sure about Bass Drags..Never been to one.. But yeah I'm sure we can set something up with the mods on here.. We just need support..

Ohh Were is the cruise going to ? any specific destination or are we just crusing around Cayuga ?
Ohh may i suggest to get some more Exposure we should consider starting a group on Facebook.. i know there are a few focus clubs on there.. Maybe we can get more suport that way..
The facebook idea is a great one. I'll do that once the event is confirmed. As for the cruise depends on how long you guys want to make it. I can do some research and check out some spots since I’ll be there a few times before august
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

Flofocus,Jan 30 2008, 11:35 AM Wrote:
Blackheart4355,Jan 30 2008, 11:44 AM Wrote:By the way, if your only complaint is there is no drag racing planned at this time, it is because the nearest track is about 2hrs away in Gimili, which just didn't fit well with our other plans.

[right][snapback]257098[/snapback][/right]

Then change the location so you have drag racing. :rolleyes:

Why in Winnipeg? Wouldnt you want to place it somewhere there's an actual decent population of foci's??
[right][snapback]257103[/snapback][/right]
FloFocus,

Winnipeg does have a pretty good Focus community for a city of it's size. If we were to move the meet to Gimli, there are not enough resources to support all the other events we are planning. Therefore Winnipeg is where FocusFest Canada will be held. We hope to see you there. This is all I will say about FocusFest canada in this thread.
ZX3_2NV,Jan 30 2008, 03:02 PM Wrote:The facebook idea is a great one. I'll do that once the event is confirmed. As for the cruise depends on how long you guys want to make it. I can do some research and check out some spots since I’ll be there a few times before august
[right][snapback]257129[/snapback][/right]

Sweet sounds awesome... I dunno you don't want to make it to long.. I'd say like an 1 hour hit some spots on the way for photo ops and what not.. stop at a place to get some munchies and then go back...

Dunno more input would be nice from other members tho
Count me in as a maybe... But I would be coming in later on the Friday night.
Well Fri night is usally only Time Trials anyways come For Sat and Sun.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

The only I can think of (and I posted in Team Canada at FJ) is that is the weekend of the Woodward Dream Cruise. Chances are it won't affect those Focus owners who don't venture across to Michigan, but it will probably affect any other folks who would normally go.
Richard | Focused 24-7
2002 ZTS | Sangria Red | +400,000 km - most of it avoiding potholes 100km/h at a time

OFOC - Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | Redline Rendezvous @ Mosport International Raceway
Mods can you please add some coments should I go ahead with planning this?
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain