Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Stolen
well I woke up to my car missing today. Its not a hard car to miss. What a piss off because I just put lots of money into it and now someone stole it. What a great day to start the day...I had a HUGE stereo system in it, plus some tools that I just bought from MAC and Snap-on....and the thing is, I left the reciept in the boxes....
redZX3,Jan 25 2008, 05:37 AM Wrote:well I woke up to my car missing today. Its not a hard car to miss. What a piss off because I just put lots of money into it and now someone stole it. What a great day to start the day...I had a HUGE stereo system in it, plus some tools that I just bought from MAC and Snap-on....and the thing is, I left the reciept in the boxes....
[right][snapback]256761[/snapback][/right]

that's s***ty sorry man :( did you put in the stereo stuff yourself or did you have a shop do it? do you have an alarm? check people you know or people who did the install and know your setup. my gut feel says someone told someone about it and that's how they know about your stuff

sorry man. theft is the worst.
Sorry to hear that.
Theft is a real piss off! :angry:

Was this the Focus?

How would they have gotten around the ignition immobilizer? (unless they had the key or loaded the car onto a flat bed)

When I purchased my Focus new it came with a certificate from Ford that would give me an extra $5000 above the insurance payoff if the car was ever stolen and not found by the police withing 30 days of the theft. That is how confident Ford was by their ignition immobilzer system.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
redZX3,Jan 25 2008, 01:37 AM Wrote:...I had a HUGE stereo system in it, plus some tools that I just bought from MAC and Snap-on....[right][snapback]256761[/snapback][/right]
Did you just put the stereo in and was it installed by a shop?

If so, you've just found your prime suspects.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
I'd think about who knew about the new tools, and that you would leave them in the car.
sorry to hear about it.

If you have bought your tools with credit card/bank card, some have theft insurance. you might just have to go to the store and ask for duplicate receipt.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

wow its not to oten a focus is stollen? do you have fire and theft coverage and was it the focus?
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Craptastic way to start your day :(

As others have mentioned, work backwards from when the car was stolen and chances are you'll find you have a few suspects in the theft (Place where you bought the tools, stereo shop if one was used, hell if there is no sign of anyone forcing anything, suspect the last garage who did any work to your car...)

NefCanuck
Best of luck in getting the car back, if you still want it back. Kids don't steal the whole car just to get the stereo stuff or tools. What has the police and insurance had to say? Was this in a driveway, home garage, or undergound?
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
You sure it didnt get towed away because you were parked somewhere marked for snow removal?

I've seen 3 threads on the local ottawa boards saying theyve woken up to their car missing, and thought it weas stolen, but they were towed because they parked somewhere marked for snow removal between 1-7AM.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Yeah, these cars are impossible to hotwire. So it was towed, either legally or illegally. Somebody must have seen something.
calling the cops will help first off.. if it got towed, they would know (right?)...

Secondly, if it was truly stolen, forget my first statement, the cops aren't much help... When I was approached by a board member here that had offered condolences on my car being broken into several days before I discovered myself (on vacay), I let the cops know, and all they needed was a denial from the guy to drop the whole case.

absolutely pissed me off.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

^^members name maybe??

and Shawn wow.....i can't believe....i know how much work u put yourself into that car.....crazy

anyways pm your number again
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
the car was in my parking lot....I did all my work to it myself....stereo , alarm and all other mods...I find it strange that they can get around the immobilization too...
redZX3,Jan 26 2008, 01:14 AM Wrote:I find it strange that they can get around the immobilization too...
[right][snapback]256846[/snapback][/right]

i dont think there's any way around it other than a tow truck or having a key that works with the car's immobilizer

i think the tow truck is the the more likely explanation.. does your parking lot have a camera.. look for a truck pulling into your parking lot

for the key.. there's two ways.. either they made a new key (i think that's unlikely) or someone you know stole one of your spare keys... are all of your keys accounted for?

Do you have a remote starter?
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Co-worker had his 2001 Focus stolen in September from his driveway. Parknfly called this morning to let him know it's been there for over a month now. He's let the insurance company know about it. See what happens from here.
CanadaSVT,Jan 28 2008, 03:52 PM Wrote:Co-worker had his 2001 Focus stolen in September from his driveway.  Parknfly called this morning to let him know it's been there for over a month now.  He's let the insurance company know about it.  See what happens from here.
[right][snapback]256956[/snapback][/right]
The car was stolen Sept.2 and parked at p'n'fly Sept. 4

Insurance has the car now and my coworker is free and clear with the $9300 they gave him. The car had 130,000km so I think he made good.

Turns out his son had lost the keys and someone pushed the panic button until they found it.

What's the latest with you car redZX3?