Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focusfest Canada
Blackheart4355,Jan 30 2008, 07:22 PM Wrote:Ok Meford,

I appologize profusely if I sounded like I was picking on Ontarions, or people from Toronto.  All I was trying to do was to keep the we are better than you out of the discussion, which was EXACTLY the attitude shown.  Even you state it in your post. Toronto is not the centre of Canada.  Even though half of the population may reside within 60min drive of T.O.  It is no excuse not to travel and see some of our beautiful country.  If the first Focus Fest was to be held in T.O, you'd expect me to come there.  So why not go the other way and visit Friendly Manitoba for the first one...then if you guys hold 09's FFC, then people from the west might say, "Hey lets go visit those cool guys from ON that we met last year in Winnipeg."  Why not show the west  that we are all Canadians first, and best of all Focus owners!  Remember the idea here is for us to get together and have some fun!
[right][snapback]257155[/snapback][/right]
BS.

The attitude was never shown. he aint comin because it's too far. As are most of us not coming because it is too far.

Not that we are better than you.

It's too far.

End of your stupid discussion.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
......................Too far :ph34r:
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Just for the hell of it i just checked my calender and im racing in Montreal that weekend. So good luck with your event but im pretty sure everyone that shows up you have already met cause i don't see any pple from ON or BC showing up maybe you can be the better man and show up to Focus Fest 09 in ontario
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
OK GUYS. This is getting out of hand. The point of this thread was to invite everyone who participates in this forum to the FocusFest get together. If you don't have anything good to post, leave it off, period. Everyone who has shown a general interest, thank you, we will be continuing with this meet. If a moderator could clean this thread up and remove all of the unnecessary posts, that would be great.
I think all the posts are valid people are leaving you feedback and letting you know if they can make it or not. Its the internet if you don't like what you see go somewhere else I highly doubt any mods are going to " clean up this thread" its not there job
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
ashhabib,Jan 31 2008, 12:29 PM Wrote:If a moderator could clean this thread up and remove all of the unnecessary posts, that would be great.

Unfortunately most or all the 'ators here are in Ontario :unsure:
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
who cares if most of the population is in the toronto area. the west is a part of canada too. I just wish we would be noticed as part of this country by the east.
zetec crew #200
If you can chop your own wood you will warm yourself twice
Zetec: Its always on
faster_than_u,Feb 2 2008, 02:47 AM Wrote:who cares if most of the population is in the toronto area. the west is a part of canada too. I just wish we would be noticed as part of this country by the east.
[right][snapback]257307[/snapback][/right]
Yep, you are part of Canada. And we love you guys out there.

But this discussion turned into a discussion about why we wouldn't come to the event. It's too damned far. And they wanted input. We said hold it in Ontario where there is a greater population and more Focus owners.

No hate, just love/

Now why can't it be that simple
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Meh -- why don't we just reduce the thread to the basic points:

1) "Let's organize a Focus meet that's central to most of Canada" == cool

2) "Everyone's invited -- from Vancouver to PEI" == cool

3) "Come visit where I live, I like it here and you might too." == cool

4) "Let me know if you're interested." == cool

5) "Why can't it be in Toronto/Windsor/Montreal/New Orleans/Paris, France/Ethiopia?" == not cool.

We have our FocusCanada BBQ here in Burlington (a half hour south of Toronto) (Thanks for your hospitality Puppet and Anthony!) every year, and we get a decent turnout -- but also every year there are people right here in the GTA that can't make it/gotta work/washing my hair/too far/wife won't let me/whatever. You just can't please everyone. If ya can't go, don't bitch. The person that was VOLUNTEERING to organize this is organizing this where he lives. Hell, I wouldn't want to try to organize a meet in Vancouver from my home in Hamilton. So what's the big deal here? Seems logical to me.

So let the OP try. If he gets a great turnout, kudos. If not, at least he's trying. Damn, half the time we can't organize a wing night without a Kancel or two. ;)

Unfortunately it seems that those that try get persecuted for trying. No good deed goes unpunished, it seems. Sheesh. <_<
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OAC_Sparky,Feb 2 2008, 07:27 AM Wrote:Meh -- why don't we just reduce the thread to the basic points:

1) "Let's organize a Focus meet that's central to most of Canada" == cool

2) "Everyone's invited -- from Vancouver to PEI" == cool

3) "Come visit where I live, I like it here and you might too." == cool

4) "Let me know if you're interested." == cool

5) "Why can't it be in Toronto/Windsor/Montreal/New Orleans/Paris, France/Ethiopia?" == not cool.

We have our FocusCanada BBQ here in Burlington (a half hour south of Toronto) (Thanks for your hospitality Puppet and Anthony!) every year, and we get a decent turnout -- but also every year there are people right here in the GTA that can't make it/gotta work/washing my hair/too far/wife won't let me/whatever. You just can't please everyone. If ya can't go, don't bitch. The person that was VOLUNTEERING to organize this is organizing this where he lives. Hell, I wouldn't want to try to organize a meet in Vancouver from my home in Hamilton. So what's the big deal here? Seems logical to me.

So let the OP try. If he gets a great turnout, kudos. If not, at least he's trying. Damn, half the time we can't organize a wing night without a Kancel or two. ;)

Unfortunately it seems that those that try get persecuted for trying. No good deed goes unpunished, it seems. Sheesh.    <_<
[right][snapback]257309[/snapback][/right]

Thanks Sparky, indeed. Logistically, its not possible for us to organize an event thats not where we live. We just happen to live in the geographic center of canada, so it kinda works. Maybe for 09 someone out there can take the rings and do most of it in TO. Always a possibility!
Sparky,

Thanks for understanding. Our feeling is that Winnipeg makes sense, due to being geographically roughly the centre of Canada. I'm sure if Ash and I were there in Ontario we'd have less issues on getting things going. But, as stated we don't live there, we live here. And as you stated we are volunteering our time and effort to try and get this thing going. I, infact was just contacted today by the organized for the US Focus Fest offering his support in any way. This is all we have ever asked of the Canadian Focus Community, their support. If people can't make it for whatever reason, that's ok...they will be missed. But for those who can, we are planning what we feel will be a fun weekend for all. I hope we will see you and many of your Ontario Focus friends here in July, as the more we get out the bigger and better the party will be. Thanks again for your understanding...

Shawn
[COLOR=orange] 05 ZX3 SE BLAZING Copper metalic, Stealth CAI, Magnaflo 2.25 catback, lowering spring (2b installed in the spring), 04 SVT 6 spoke rims, Roush Aluminum billet shifter, Steeda Aluminum HVAC knobs, Aluminum gauge bezel..ok so I like the look of aluminum....
If I'm doing Algonquin, plus any Ontario FC meets, plus any others (I'm already helping organize the Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region fun run this year with a friend here in town)... MB might be out of my way in time and gas money. It's 100 bucks each way, plus accomodations, food, incidentals, etc. It's a great idea, but the cost can be a tad staggering for some. Doubly so for BC-ish attendants.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Thats OK Nos, we appreciate your support! It sounds like you have your summer planned out already!
Blackheart4355,Jan 31 2008, 12:22 AM Wrote:Ok Meford,

I appologize profusely if I sounded like I was picking on Ontarions, or people from Toronto.  All I was trying to do was to keep the we are better than you out of the discussion, which was EXACTLY the attitude shown.  Even you state it in your post. Toronto is not the centre of Canada.  Even though half of the population may reside within 60min drive of T.O.  It is no excuse not to travel and see some of our beautiful country.  If the first Focus Fest was to be held in T.O, you'd expect me to come there.  So why not go the other way and visit Friendly Manitoba for the first one...then if you guys hold 09's FFC, then people from the west might say, "Hey lets go visit those cool guys from ON that we met last year in Winnipeg."  Why not show the west  that we are all Canadians first, and best of all Focus owners!  Remember the idea here is for us to get together and have some fun!
[right][snapback]257155[/snapback][/right]

Well said.
Just reading through and although it would be kind of cool to drive halfway across Canada, it's a tad bit too far for me to go personally. At least

drive wise. Besides there's no strippers out there, what's there to do at night :D Honestly I just wouldn't want drive that far, I've driven further for shows before with the lowrider club but that is entirely different. we did a 3 week road trip down to Cali over to Phoenix and up to Vegas hitting Lowrider shows each weekend. There was 18 lowrdiers being driven and about 8 or so being trailered, we had "support" vehicles, loaded with parts that we figured we'd need, tools etc. The shows we went to had 500+ cars at each one and was a full weekend spectacular.

I don't see that happening for a focusmeet and therefor don't see guys driving 2+ days each way to get there unfortunately. If I was in Edmonton or Calgary maybe, I'd think about it more seriously.
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like
The Burlington BBQ is thrown every year because of the turn out. s***, we get guys from as far and Ottawa make the trek.
I'd be happy if only 5 cars showed up.
I set the date, and if anyone can or can't make it, so be it.

*still not sure if I'm gonna have it this year.*
(wife and I are looking at houses)
focusracer,Feb 6 2008, 07:40 PM Wrote:Just reading through and although it would be kind of cool to drive halfway across Canada, it's a tad bit too far for me to go personally. At least

drive wise. Besides there's no strippers out there, what's there to do at night :D  Honestly I just wouldn't want drive that far, I've driven further for shows before with the lowrider club but that is entirely different. we did a 3 week road trip down to Cali over to Phoenix and up to Vegas hitting Lowrider shows each weekend. There was 18 lowrdiers being driven and about 8 or so being trailered, we had "support" vehicles, loaded with parts that we figured we'd need, tools etc. The shows we went to had 500+ cars at each one and was a full weekend spectacular.

I don't see that happening for a focusmeet and therefor don't see guys driving 2+ days each way to get there unfortunately. If I was in Edmonton or Calgary maybe, I'd think about it more seriously.
[right][snapback]257578[/snapback][/right]

Well, keep it in mind. Its not going to be a 500+ show this time, but in a few years, it might be. Oh, as far as strip clubs go, we have tons, if thats what you're in to :P . Actually, its funny because we've been getting a lot of interest from the Northern US States as of late, so who knows, we might start out big too!
Is there a definitive date on this event? I went to focusfanatics, and saw it may be moved to August...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Mar 28 2008, 01:39 PM Wrote:Is there a definitive date on this event?  I went to focusfanatics, and saw it may be moved to August...
[right][snapback]260747[/snapback][/right]

Originally it was to be mid july, but there was some scheduling conflicts. We will post updates when everything is cemented