Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wreck
Well like the title says i got into an accident on saturday in the snow. I lost control and hit a concrete lamp post doing about 40kmh.

So i called insurance because of the amount of damage done, approx 3000-4000, and they said that if i went through them, my insurance would be unreasonably high or a possibility of them not renewing come february. So i have to fix it myself because im cheap.

Well the car got owned to say the least and i am happy to be alive, BUT my precious is in critical condition and i need to get some parts together.

Ive got: headlights, radiator, rad hosing, bumper cover.

But i need: actual bumper (not the cover), rad support, front grill(or if anyone knows of a do it yourself aftermarket deal or w/e), hood(possibly driving to OHIO unless anyone has anything lying around), A/C condensor, I'll post up pics when i can, and if u have any parts u can sell me, or any front end stuff please let me kno im on a tight budget being in college and all...
I'm really sorry to hear about your accident! I hope your okay.

As far as parts go, you should be able to get most of your parts cheap either from a salvage yard or online (eBay!). Sorry I can't help you out personally because I don't have anything, good luck with your hunt though.
1995 Ford F-150 XLT
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2883719

1999 Pontiac Firebird Convertible
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2883721

2007 Ford Focus SE
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2198340
Massive Speed System sells a nice clear grill for cheap ($68.99 USD) and Rockauto.com also sells lower rad supports. However check Napa or Parts Source locally first. As for your bumper, hood and A/C Condensor go to http://www.car-part.com and i'm sure this will help you/prevent you from going to Ohio :) Hope this helps bud!
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
it was really nice of your insuarence company to kick you in the balls just like that
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
NikiterZTS,Dec 18 2007, 08:15 AM Wrote:it was really nice of your insuarence company to kick you in the balls just like that
[right][snapback]254799[/snapback][/right]
That's their job -- to make money for their stockholders and not protecting you. Once you start costing them money they'll drop you faster than Pam Anderson can say "I'm getting divorced."
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
i saw on another thread that a member bought a 2000 zx3 for $800. (it had super high miles) perhaps you could find a similar deal

i think it would be cheaper and easier for you to purchase a cheap focus and then swap the body parts as needed.

or maybe you can just swap all of your mods over to the other car and call it a day?

that seems like a pretty hard hit you also might want to think about taking the car to a body shop and getting them to check that the frame is straight before you purchase any parts. if its frame damaged in my opinion its not worth fixing.. i suspect it just won't ever feel the same when you drive it
i think i know someone who has a focus sedan, with a blown engine sitting on his driveway. and he only wanted a few hundred for it
Interior
Jvc headunit, , Kicker Zx 1000.1, 2 12" Kicker comp VR, Diamond plate floor mats

Power mods
FRPP spark plug wires, Volant CAI