Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet Another Toyota Recall: 15,600 2007 Tundras
Toyota recalls 15,600 Tundra pickups
December 14, 2007
Source: Leftlane News

Toyota has announced the recall of 15,600 2007 Toyota Tundra pickups due to a transmission part problem. According to Toyota, the recall stems from a faulty rear propeller shaft on four-wheel drive Tundras. The defect could cause the joint to separate, although no accidents or injuries have been reported because of the faulty shaft.

“The front joint on the rear driveshaft may have been improperly heat treated by our supplier,” a Toyota spokesman said. “In the worst case, the shaft may separate at the joint.”

According to Automotive News, the flaw was discovered by a customer complaining of a noise coming from the rear shaft.

The Tundra has faced a number of problems this year, although not all were recalls. Several Tundra customers complained of a "rumble strip" sound coming from the truck's transmission, which was chalked up to a faulty torque converter and replaced by Toyota.

Toyota also replaced the entire engine on some Tundra trucks due to faulty camshafts.

There have also been several complaints about the Tundra's tailgate failing, although Toyota has yet to address the issue.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
wow lol thats surprising.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
then i heard there are some paint problems on them as well.
'03 Focus SVT
Geez, no wonder some local Toyota dealers are offering over $7K in incentives to get rid of the things :blink:

NefCanuck
you know though there is already 5 recalls on this new Tundra and the year is not even done yet.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yet Another Toyota Recall, Sorta... Frost__2001 0 1,046 01-24-2008, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Frost__2001
  Toyota Clarifies Echo And Prius Recall Frost__2001 0 1,067 07-21-2006, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Frost__2001