Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airman Professional Cordless Air Compressor
I found this product while cruising through my local Canadian Tire looking to replace an airpump that had literally "gone up in smoke" some time ago.

When I bought the product I was looking for the following two things:

Ease of use

Ease of portability

With the AirMan Professional Air Compressor, I hit the jackpot.

Ease of use

This is one of the first air inflation products I have ever seen that offers "set it and forget it" simplicity.

Attach the inflation hose to the tire by threading it into the tire valve, get the current reading of the tire (PSI, KPA or BAR as you prefer) and then with a quick press of a button, set up the desired result you want and push the trigger.

The pump will then chug merrily away until it hits the desired reading and with a second push of the trigger the valve is closed and you can move on to the next tire.

The "Cordless" part of the name refers to the fact that in addition to the standard attachment to a 12V outlet in the car, you have the option of using the supplied 18V battery pack to inflate your tire (or basketball or other product as adaptors are included}

I used the battery pack to inflate the tires on my car (which only need a top up of an average of 1 - 3 PSI) and a mini van whose four tires were an average of 10PSI down and the pump was still ready for more.

Ease of Portability

The unit comes complete with a fabric carrying case and inside the case are individual compartments to hold all the pieces. When used with the battery pack the unit is no heavier than the average cordless drill and can be set on the ground and walked away from while its doing the job.

I also verified with a seperate tire guage after each inflation that the digital readout on the AirMan was in fact accurate.

Drawbacks

Two main drawbacks with this item.

First is price, at $69.99 + taxes it is not an impulse buy necessarily but given all the positives, think of it as an investment in your safety, plus it makes helping others out with low tires or flats that much less of a mess.

Second is the fact that you have to follow the assembly instructions for the hose to the body of the inflation device exactly, otherwise after a while the hose will work itself loose and pop out of the AirMan causing a loss of air pressure until you detach the threaded end from the valve on the tire (and a word of caution, the end that threads into the AirMan gets hot enough to cause burns if the pump has been run for a while)

Thumbs up from me.

NefCanuck
hey daniel, found a link to the product for you

Airman Inflation System

on sale this week for $34.99

we dont sell too many of them at my store, but thanks for the review i will recommend it to people looking for them.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
Ah but that's not the same model as I have.

Here's a link from the distributor:

AirMan Professional Cordless Air Compressor

and the product image:

[Image: i_pcac_main.gif]

NefCanuck
ooo ok
my bad, i dont seel that one in the auto department, i thought that was the one you were talking about
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
ZX5focused,Nov 27 2007, 10:51 PM Wrote:ooo ok
my bad, i dont seel that one in the auto department, i thought that was the one you were talking about
[right][snapback]253659[/snapback][/right]

It was weird because it was on the CT website last week (Though to be honest I had a hard time finding a package at he CT store I was at that didn't look like it hadn't already been oawed over, so maby CT is in the process of dropping it and I got lucky? :huh:)

NefCanuck

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cordless Drill ZTWsquared 2 4,424 06-26-2012, 10:06 AM
Last Post: moon111