Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Unmarked Cruisers
what puttin' along the 401 between the Guelph exits and saw a guy pulled over. The cop was in an unmarked SUV, I think it was a Ford Edge. Black, deep tint, flashers inbehind the tailgate glass and in the signanls. Sport rims, no black stockers (the impala cruiser give away).
The only other undercover cruisers in the area are the Guelph Popo Impalas, blue and some unnatural brown color.

Just a heads up. It's the first time I've seen one.
i remember while being downtown, stopped at a traffic light all of a sudden a suburban comes almost out of nowhere, well it was probably behind me somewhere of course i wasn't paying attention to something like that lol, anyway, had a huge push-bar, tint of course, lights in the dash and tailgate window, and it was all black. its the only one i've seen as well.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
no suprise really, I've seen a few of the new trailblazers as unmarked units, Brampton has 2 Honda Civics as unmarked units.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
toronto's got a black unmarked mini
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

mo_focus,Nov 16 2007, 01:57 AM Wrote:toronto's got a black unmarked mini
[right][snapback]252939[/snapback][/right]
lol whaaaat
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Suburbans stand out almost as much as impala.
Trailblazer though, I'll have to keep my eye out.
Wow the cops must love this undercover driving cool cars thing.
Nice way to spend our tax dollars.

Why don't they stop pestering drivers and do this undercover thingy to nab druglords, gangs, crimelords, gun violence, house invasions, robbery, assaults, vandalism, etc etc.

They should be undercover walking around dangerous neighbourhoods and at night time in lonely dark places rather than hiding themselves in cool cars among traffic to nab ppl who are just driving to get home.

Be the change you want to see in this world.
cornflakes,Nov 16 2007, 10:34 AM Wrote:Wow the cops must love this undercover driving cool cars thing.
Nice way to spend our tax dollars.

Why don't they stop pestering drivers and do this undercover thingy to nab druglords, gangs, crimelords, gun violence, house invasions, robbery, assaults, vandalism, etc etc.

They should be undercover walking around dangerous neighbourhoods and at night time in lonely dark places rather than hiding themselves in cool cars among traffic to nab ppl who are just driving to get home.
[right][snapback]252948[/snapback][/right]

It's called easy money... And there for an easy return on the "investment".
in windsor, they've got a marauder, SS Silverado, F-150, and Magnum, among others, all unmarked and normal-looking...

Toronto has some neat ones too...
2001 Sangria Red ZTS, Zetec 5-spd, key gouges on hood and passenger fender (thanks idiots!Wink

Drivetrain and chassis: CAI, Steeda STS

Interior and exterior: Blacked out sidemarker lens, blacked out tailights, blacked out 3rd brake light, de-badged, cobra 40 ch. CB, Sirius

VA3RBV, Basic class licence!
PARKINGLOT,Nov 20 2007, 06:14 AM Wrote:in windsor, they've got a marauder, SS Silverado, F-150, and Magnum, among others, all unmarked and normal-looking...

Toronto has some neat ones too...
[right][snapback]253154[/snapback][/right]

not to mention we have a few chargers but only 1 is marked, there is a company that installs lighting system and siren on police vehicles that will do it on the officers car...my uncle is a cop and said that they are to use a vehicle that the officer privately owns to have this set up. Imagine using your family car to drive around all day and rack up the km's, what a waste.
girard.k,Nov 21 2007, 02:45 PM Wrote:not to mention we have a few chargers but only 1 is marked, there is a company that installs lighting system and siren on police vehicles that will do it on the officers car...[right][snapback]253254[/snapback][/right]

you mean a company in windsor? I'm pretty sure if it's the one I'm thinking of, I've delivered loads of chargers from Bramalea there...
2001 Sangria Red ZTS, Zetec 5-spd, key gouges on hood and passenger fender (thanks idiots!Wink

Drivetrain and chassis: CAI, Steeda STS

Interior and exterior: Blacked out sidemarker lens, blacked out tailights, blacked out 3rd brake light, de-badged, cobra 40 ch. CB, Sirius

VA3RBV, Basic class licence!
i've seen some cops in oakville using volvo s80's as well .... theres unmarked cars and then theres UNMARKED cars, those faux unmarked impalas are just to make everyone think that they've got the police figured out.
Cambridge has an unmarked Uplander...
Saw an undercover silver Dodge Sebring at Tim Hortons in Oakville yesterday. Never would have noticed if not for the flashing clear lights in the tailights.

[Image: 2007-dodge-avenger.jpg]
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
Have you seen the black unmarked Edge in Burlington?

It's usually at the cop shop near our house.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Feb 5 2008, 09:18 PM Wrote:Have you seen the black unmarked Edge in Burlington?

It's usually at the cop shop near our house.
[right][snapback]257518[/snapback][/right]

Wow, no I'll have to keep an eye out for that one!
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
I've seen the Edge.
I pulled into a Timmies next to it.

It had 4 cops in kevlar, gloves, army boots and helmets.
Mean looking dudes.

Here in vancouver and the surrounding area I have seen, chevy Silverados, chevy Venture minivans, nissan maxima, volvo S70, as well as the usual suburban, impala, crown Vic.

I'd have to say the most surprising was the maxima and the volvo (i got pulled over by the Volvo for a burnt headlight)
'04 liquid grey ZX3 - my FSP auto-x car
'02 infra-red SVT  - my street car, now for sale
unmarked cop cars for use of policing the roads are stupid. They are just a cash grab. They don't slow anyone down or make the roads safer. The only thing that keeps drivers in check is a visible police presence. Just look how nicely everyone drives when they KNOW there is a police car around.

Fix Or Repair Daily - By Choice!
Visit My Site - www.HotRodding.ca
Ah, but on the other side of the coin, if you constantly have to wonder "Is that car coming up on my bumper a cop car?" that would tend to make you slow down out of fear of getting nailed ni? ;)

NefCanuck