Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canada Immigration
Well, now I know what is taking so f***ing long.

They misplaced my FBI background check.. AGAIN Maybe the third time is a charm. They did send back our photos and things, so that is at least a positive note. If photos come back, and nothing else, that is good. It means they're just waiting on more information to finish processing, and don't require them anymore.

They only accept originals, not copies, which I have as proof. I've emailed the consulate because heaven forbid they allow you to talk to a f***ing human about possibly using the copy I have here.

I'm also calling Michelle's MP tomorrow to see if he can do anything for us.

So, while I await a response, I've ordered the fingerprint cards from Albany, because I can't get them at the police station of state police barracks.

Take time off work to get fingerprinted.

Send the prints off to Virginia again.

Send the FBI their fee again (another $18... not much, but $18x3 adds up).

Then hope like hell that they can expedite them again, otherwise their website says 16-18 weeks to process. I've read that people who ask for them to be expedited have had them back as soon as 20 days.

What a goddamned f***ing joke this has become. I'm not even telling Michelle tonight, going to tell her after I arrive tomorrow.

I'm going to get so drunk tomorrow, and then I'm going to piss on the first maple leaf I find. And then choke a beaver.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
torradan,Oct 25 2007, 06:48 PM Wrote:I'm going to get so drunk tomorrow, and then I'm going to piss on the first maple leaf I find.  And then choke a beaver.
[right][snapback]251728[/snapback][/right]

I understand your pain, but you better take that one back. :angry:

However, if you change that comment to "piss on a Maple Leaf jersey" and "eat beaver", I'll agree to that. :D
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Oscar The Grouch,Oct 25 2007, 07:07 PM Wrote:
torradan,Oct 25 2007, 06:48 PM Wrote:I'm going to get so drunk tomorrow, and then I'm going to piss on the first maple leaf I find.  And then choke a beaver.
[right][snapback]251728[/snapback][/right]

I understand your pain, but you better take that one back. :angry:

However, if you change that comment to "piss on a Maple Leaf jersey" and "eat beaver", I'll agree to that. :D
[right][snapback]251729[/snapback][/right]

ok that works :)
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
canadas government is the biggest joke. they cater to immigrants more than people within the country, i've learned the hard way a few times, and im only 19 lol.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
Spinal,Oct 25 2007, 10:16 PM Wrote:canadas government is the biggest joke. they cater to immigrants more than people within the country, i've learned the hard way a few times, and im only 19 lol.
[right][snapback]251736[/snapback][/right]

Don't forget convicted criminals, they have more rights than innocent citizens do.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
yeah but you do also realize it takes anywhere from 3 to 5 years to even become a legal citizen here. I know what your going thru Dan, my brother-in-law went thru all this b/s as he's from Portugal and he had to do everything thru France to do this as the Govenment requires french or english only documents.

It was only this Feb he got his Health Card & SIN number... after being here and complying 4 years ago...
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Torradan:

Ouch, but not surprised, immigration handles documents with all the care of a 2 year old and a paper shredder at times :( (BTW: Even if you have *certified* true copies they may not accept them as replacements NVM just copies)

As for pissing on a maple leaf, you might have trouble finding one around, most of them have fallen off the trees and been bagged and mulched by now :P (No comment regarding the beaver though :ph34r: :lol:)

NefCanuck
It isn't all that different the opposing way either, becoming a US citizen. A friend of mine married a girl in Minnesota and he went down there ahead of the wedding to get a place and get settled etc. He was required to stay in the country for a certain period, he received notification that he could travel back to Canada freely. He planned a trip up, came through no problem. I was giving him a ride down to the airport in Seattle to head back home, apparantley there was a glitch. We both ended up in seperate interrogation rooms for like 6 hours. Being questioned about smuggling people into the US etc. I was all like "I was giving my friend a ride to the airport, I wasn't trying to smuggle anything." After 3 hours the FBI showed up to interview us. What a f'n gong show. They let me go once they figure out some stuff but kept him in custody for 3 days. The next few times going across the border were just hell.
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like
Spinal,Oct 25 2007, 09:16 PM Wrote:canadas government is the biggest joke. they cater to immigrants more than people within the country, i've learned the hard way a few times, and im only 19 lol.
[right][snapback]251736[/snapback][/right]

I noticed that when I was trying to start a business... It got so bad I wanted to dye my skin brown, and put on a turban. lol
Oscar The Grouch,Oct 25 2007, 10:35 PM Wrote:Don't forget convicted criminals, they have more rights than innocent citizens do.
[right][snapback]251738[/snapback][/right]
for sure, like if a criminal breaks into your house and gets hurt he can sue you, wtf is that? lol...seriously.

as for that fbi thing, i would've asked how can i apply for your job?

and ya starting a business can be bad. my mom works for a bankruptcy agency, and she got this one guy whos name was like ahmed ahmed mohammed racking up freaking $300Gs in debts. i myself accidently found out how, very interesting lol.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.